Mod manager type tool

I have been making some modifications to my game like run speed increase and custom camera angles. I have noticed now though that I cannot connect to a closed net game that I have altered these files. I keep getting an error telling me to check my internet connection. Which is strange because I could connect just fine up until I changed the values of run speed. My question is if there is any kind of mod tool or manger that will automaticlly swap the modded files with stock ones so you can still play on open or closed net. I know in some past games people who knew a little about programming could make a small tool that would enable and disable mod files. Just wondering if anyone has done something like this for Sacred 2?

Thanks for the link. Not exactly what I had in mind since I don`t think that would work with this. I have edited the itemtype and creatureinfo text files so far to get the shiny models for the exlted set and more base run speed for my game. Now if I try to enter a net game it will disconnect me from the server because of the changes to these text files. If I put the normal files I made copies of back there is no issues. I am not sure how you would go about setting up the mod tool to exchange the text documents on command. Don`t think it can even handle that kind of thing. No big deal though, I can copy and paste the originals in place for net play and put my modded ones in for single play.