Any ways to get good trading characters?

hello. I'm in need of a good support character, able to get goodies for my newly started characters (and not only). blacksmithing would also be great since it offers a chance to not destroy other socketed items. I've seen a temple guardian build whose main focus was that. are there any other ways at all? or should I just go for it?

thanks a lot :)

I prefer to have seperate Smiths and Bargainers.

For the smith, nothing beats an Invisi-cheese Shadow Warrior (go read Podgie's "Bearbarian" guide). Since he'll be invisible almost all of the time he can be free to invest heavily in Blacksmith and Enhanced Perception.

For bargainers you'll want a build who can afford to dedicate a lot a skillpoints on Bargaining. If they can sneak in Enhanced Perception as well this is also a good way to generate cash for shopping. My personal choice would be a Melee Seraphim with energy shield support (go read r00ster's shopper seraphim guide). It's not the most interesting build out there, but she can take care of herself without too much outside support).

Edited by Little Faith

For silver all you need is platinum or niob smith arts (from the town smith) in your gear. The easiest build to power level is a shadow warrior with shadow veil. I have a tested SW, Mr. I get to platinum fast, but there are probably better designs just make sure you have shadow veil and a ranged weapon so you don't unveil.

Then make a shopper at higher level with powerleveling from smith arts platinum or niob. You don't need a low level shopper other than % xp jewels because the only thing that matters is the high level smith arts. Later the higher level jewelry catches up. Fire elfs are pretty easy to level very fast. The seraphim mentioned or antitrusts Queen of Blades are also good shoppers but they are slower to level.