BFG seraphim vs Temple guardian.

katia19

Hi.I have did much pvps and I was doing extremely well until one person appeared with temple guardian 119 level and beat me easily....

Can someone explain me how that jolting touch works?-.-It stuns me all time and I cant attack also I cant move and this step is repeating until he kill my character-_-

Sorry to say, Katia... there are some tricks that are "too good" and unbalance player vs player games. Jolting Touch is one of those. Even if you could attack, it probably would not do anything, as JT also adds Damage Mitigation (with the proper modification, and it can go over 100% when multiple JT's are active) :(

Not too sure if there is anything in Sacred 2 to counteract that combat art. Detrimintal Magic Effects could help, but I am not sure. Maybe Block combat arts?

Sorry to say, Katia... there are some tricks that are "too good" and unbalance player vs player games. Jolting Touch is one of those. Even if you could attack, it probably would not do anything, as JT also adds Damage Mitigation (with the proper modification, and it can go over 100% when multiple JT's are active) :(

Not too sure if there is anything in Sacred 2 to counteract that combat art. Detrimintal Magic Effects could help, but I am not sure. Maybe Block combat arts?

Even it has small damage this stun make me feel sick-.-"

I found how to surpass mitigation.I think life leech is all what I need to do that -_-.

But this jolting touch is broken like hell and it should be nerfed or something.Its no fun skill really....

Not only that but temple guardian can debuff as well and without bfg buff im a gunner -.-"

When I was defeated by a low level temple guardian I felt that my time to this game was spent for nothing....

Edited by katia19

I am sure you are right, Katia... IMO, the PvP in this game is unbalanced.

Sorry to hear your fustration, but I guess it cannot be perfect in every way ;)

One question can life leech surpass mitigation?If yes can I defeat temple guardian in pvp with life leech?

One question can life leech surpass mitigation?If yes can I defeat temple guardian in pvp with life leech?

Yes, Life leech (and any damage over time you can cause) is not blocked by mitigation.

Yeah, Jolting Touch is almost too good to be true. It doesn't stun though (it merely roots). It does something far more interesting.

Jolting Touch is the only spell in the game with built in Regeneration Per Hit. (RPH from gear only work with weapon attacks). Even worse it's RPH is triggered with each pulse. This is where the true power in Jolting Touch hides. See, RPH doesn't just recharge your own skills it also penalises your opponents regeneration. Because JT hits constantly it means you are constantly recieving small penalties to your CA regen which makes it really really hard to get off any combat arts. Normal attacks should not be affected, however. This might just be your salvation. Get a very fast normal attack with plenty of leech (hint: shurikens) and use this. Still you are fighting against that goddarn Self Repair mod, so I don't know if you can get enough leech to properly reach out and touch him (I am not PvP'er).

Now, the more simple way to deal with JT cheese unfortunately requires you to be a High Elf. Why? Expulse Magic, that's why! Expulse Magic shuts down Jolting Touch HARD as long as you make sure to be constantly under the influence of an active Expulse Magic circle Jolting Touch cannot harm you. And don't worry about debuffs. Expulse Magic is not a buff.

Yeah, Jolting Touch is almost too good to be true. It doesn't stun though (it merely roots). It does something far more interesting.

Jolting Touch is the only spell in the game with built in Regeneration Per Hit. (RPH from gear only work with weapon attacks). Even worse it's RPH is triggered with each pulse. This is where the true power in Jolting Touch hides. See, RPH doesn't just recharge your own skills it also penalises your opponents regeneration. Because JT hits constantly it means you are constantly recieving small penalties to your CA regen which makes it really really hard to get off any combat arts. Normal attacks should not be affected, however. This might just be your salvation. Get a very fast normal attack with plenty of leech (hint: shurikens) and use this. Still you are fighting against that goddarn Self Repair mod, so I don't know if you can get enough leech to properly reach out and touch him (I am not PvP'er).

Now, the more simple way to deal with JT cheese unfortunately requires you to be a High Elf. Why? Expulse Magic, that's why! Expulse Magic shuts down Jolting Touch HARD as long as you make sure to be constantly under the influence of an active Expulse Magic circle Jolting Touch cannot harm you. And don't worry about debuffs. Expulse Magic is not a buff.

Joltic touch should be nerfed -.-"

Edited by katia19

Jolting Touch shouldn't be nerfed, or it would become useless in PvE. Actually, the trouble here is not that the certain CA is overpowered (cause it's not overpowered, every character has a CA that are very annoying and beneficial in PvP), the trouble is in the player's approach. Let me explain - there are a lot of different builds possible to create for every character class in Sacred 2. And among them there are no completely universal builds. Some builds are better with one thing, some with the other. It was noticed, that PvP and PvE builds are usually very different - they choose different CAs, different modifications etc. PvP builds are usually not effective while fighting against a big crowd, so they are weaker in PvE, on the other hand, PvE builds have certain weaknesses against one tough CA-using enemy who has some brain and strategy.

I'm telling it all because from what I know, BFG-based builds are very good for PvE, but almost never used for PvP (because they really are weak when debuffed). It's sort of fair, because BFG is significantly better than any normal weapon, so using it has to have some disadvantage too. So when you go to PvP with PvE character and encounter a character, that was build specifically for PvP, you'd have some troubles fighting him/her.

There are several ways to build a PvP Seraphim (some boss-killers are very effective in PvP either). For example, one of the most annoying PvP Seraphims is a Celestial build using a Radiant Pillar with Hypnosis Bronze mod (In PvP case, the Silver mod is frequently Conserve, which is not recommended for PvE). In other words, the pillar has lower damage, but is spammable, allowing to have greater number of pillars on battlefield. A poor opponent of this Seraphim ends up being thrown from one pillar to another constantly and therefore unable to move and fight. The Seraphim just stands in the distance and keeps spamming more pillars to keep an opponent busy. This version of the seraphim is not weaker and not less annoying than Jolting Touch TG.

As for the ways to take down this TG with a BFG seraphim, they depend on a certain seraphim build. Jolting Touch has quite a small CA range, so you can keep a distance between your character and opponent longer. There are several ways to achieve it, I'm not sure which would be good for you.