Shadow Warrior mod point glitch?

I'm trying a Shadow Warrior,just to compare him to my seraphim. He is going Death Warrior only. Things were going fine till I picked up Tactics Lore.I put points into it,expecting to get a mod point for Death Warrior-and got a mod point for Malevolent Champion instead! Don't have that trained,or even any runes learned for MC. Is this a bug? Or does Tactics not work with Death Warrior?

You most likely got points for both. If you already used a few mod points from Death Warrior focus and then took Tactics Lore what happened is you met the threshold for the 1st mod point in MC before you reached it for another one DW.

From the Wiki

Modifications become available when you spend the following amount of skill points:

3, 5, 9, 14, 22, 31, 42, 55, 70, 87, 106, 126, 149, 173, 199.

For example, say you put 5 points in DW and got 2 mod points which you used.

Then took Tactics and invested 3 skill points in it.

So total points for DW is 8 (need 9 total for 3rd mod point) but you have 3 in MC, which is all that is needed for 1st mod point.

Huh. Alrighty-confusing but alrighty. What happens to that lone mod point hanging there? Will training Death Warrior transfer it over or will it just sit there unused?

Yeah I was trying to figure out a way to explain it where it would make sense :) (did you click on the link in my previous post...probably explained better there)

It'll just sit there unused. Tactics will give mod points to both Aspects. So if you only take Death Warrior you'll end up with quite a few mod points in MC from Tactics. But if you take concentration, you could mod Reflective Emanation. Even at level 1 fully modded it's fairly useful and use up a few mod points for that aspect.

Matter of fact, some people use this strategy to mod malevolent champion without even choosing it. Since they are pumping a lotta tactics points in, they can still use the points they get from that to modify it.

If you're relating that to the Seraphim, it does the same thing with the Exalted Warrior. Often, specially when I'm running a bargainer Seraphim, I'll put one point only into the Exalted Warrior, use the tactics points to modify what I want, and put the points elsewhere until she gets about level 100. I do that with inquisitors and dryads too.

Wow! Good points,gents. I hadn't even considered that-I was worried that 2 buffs would kill my attack recharge times,but if I work Concentration in early....Anyway,thank you for the advice!

@Knuckles-I did check your link-the info makes a lot more sense after reading the posts here than it did before.

Edited by slyborg

Wow! Good points,gents. I hadn't even considered that-I was worried that 2 buffs would kill my attack recharge times,but if I work Concentration in early....Anyway,thank you for the advice!

It will affect the recharge of your combat arts stuff, so you gotta keep up with it for sure.

The game is a balancing act, and there is sooooo much to consider when doing it.

Read, ask questions, read guides for people who have big level characters, experiment, change things around, be a general student of the game. It'll come together for ya