Runes - Can I eat too many at once?

question on runes.

1. can I eat to many (I know it increases refresh time, but I am mainly putting this into a buff)?

2. I notice at lower levels it only raises the levels by .1 will this raise up as a get more points into the corresponding skills? or is it better to wait and up them to char level max?

I am following this guide on pc

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/12696-near-invincible-ice-elf-build-console/

and the two Combat Arts I am pumping are crystal skin and grand invigoration

Considering Grand Inv. Nope, you can't possibly eat 'em too much. AFAIK, only buff which you can consume runes to your heart's content. Only has positive effects that beaut.

Whileas Crystal Skin has drawback, namely for regens. Once again, if memory serves, when properly modded will drop regens of Stormite tree.

Lastly, that small increment comes from not having enough points in Stormite Focus. They go over the malus and only increase with tiny increments. ie. you eat 200 GI runes but only get so little levels with low points in Foci-skill.

Hopefully this'll help a little. :)

Also, may your Elf be prosperous. Had a similar build going on before putting Sacred 2 hold for other fresher games.