Places borders

Hi guys. I'm concerned about places borders now that I've been making writeups for the quests between Artamark's Gate, Whisperwood, Pirate Bay and Crag Rock. Most of the quests of the "A New Hope" chainquest happen somewhere north from Artamark's Gate and Whisperwood, just below Crag Rock, but I'm unable to decide whether it's Whisperwood, Artamark's Gate or Crag Rock territory.

I have to add that this affects not only quests but also NPCs: the quest place at the quest page, the quest listing at the place page, the NPC listing at the place page, and probably somewhere else I'm forgetting. My question is, how can I decide where does a NPC belong to? Timotan the forester and his wife, involved in A New Hope chainquest and quest giver for The Worst Ghosts respectively, then Maweran the fisher in the river bridge north from the forester's cottage, and the militia's captain Gabelte or Angar the fur trapper; these are some examples of NPCs that I find difficult to decide where they belong to.

So should we have some kind of rule to make these decisions or just a poll/post for each NPC and we can decide here at the forum for each of them? Thanks in advance for your comments!

Hey there Zeno. :) For the borders of each location it goes like this:

Artamark's Gate is only the space inside the surrounding fence

Crag Rock is only the area within the mountains

Pirate Bay is the area just after crossing the bridge to enter the bay

Whisperwood is a bit tricky but any of the area that has fog is Whisperwood. As you enter Whisperwood the environment becomes foggy and the fog lifts as you leave it's borders.

Anything outside of the areas I would write as "Just North of..." and so on.

Hope that helps!

P.s.

For the first two NPC's of A New Hope I think I would describe them both as being North-East of Whisperwood since the fog almost touches Timotan's home. Granted... It might be best to describe locations based on modes of transportation. For example if a player just entered the server how best would they reach Maweran to start the quest. In that sense I would probably describe Maweran's location based on either the Ship portal in Artamark's Gate or from the Portal in Griffinborough. Maybe something like "North-East of Whisperwood which is to the far East of Artamark's Gate' Ship transportation or far North of the Portal in Griffinborough."

I just realized few hours ago (while re-playing the full chain-quest again) that just after timotan's cottage and before arriving to maweran's location, the "Whisperwood" text appears again on the screen, so "north whisperwood" should do the job for all the militia's place. That pushes me to think that Whisperwood is "everywhere" between Artamark's Gate, Pirate Bay, Crag Rock and Skook's Corner :crazy:

Anyway I think it's a great idea to add some transportation related information. Maybe tomorrow I add some as I'll be adding a few more NPC pages to complete the area (end of *** road, walking from *** monolith, and so on).