Dual Wield seraphim with Enhanced Perception

joanofarc

Hello Everyone.

I have got a DW seraphim with EP at Lvl86. I use a warrior set and an EP set. When I put on the EP set my Enchanted Percepiton is 210 and chance to find variables is around 90%.

I cannot see much difference between this and the warrior set (EP:140 and Chance to find var: around: 35%)in finding set or uniqe items.

My questions would be: Why this is and what is the problem with EP? And where should I use EP set: in Campaign or in internet mode and on what bosses?

Because I am in Platina in the swamp (the Griffin can give some set pieces, but nothing more - I mean no unique) and neither Gar nor Octogolanus give any set or unique pieces with EP suit.

Thx and Regards.

Maybe it is your expectation of the effect of EP that is bothering you, Joanofarc?

IMO, the difference from having EP at 140 and at 210 should be fairly minimal... if you know how the mechanics of EP works. Although going from 35% Chance to Find Valuables to 90% should be a 'noticeable' difference if you do a thorough test with a decent sample size.

Of course, there is always the possibility that killspeed does affect your drops... which can really mess around with any type of testing you want to do with EP. :(

IMO, you could use an EP set to do some chest/barrel runs... some peeps a while back did some playing around with this kind of toon (no/not much offence, just running from chest to chest/barrel/openable and collecting the loot from them).

I think scott is right. The increase in the chance to find values isn't going to be particularly large at those levels for one, and you need to remember that they are only increasing a small initial chance. If you initially only have a 0.1% chance to find a unique then +35% vs +90% is only 0.135% or 0.19% chances, still very small. It should make a difference over a large number of killed monsters. As to where...well since it comes down to luck and weight of numbers for it to be most effective you want to use it all the time.

Thank you Scott and Dragon Brother.

It makes sense. I might have overestimated a bit EP or just my Seraphim level is not high enough.

I always thought that I had better chance to find uniques against big bosses (Gar, Octagonalus, Dragon, Garganthropod, White Griffin) with EP set, but from those just only the Griffin dropped set pieces and not any uniques.

As I can see you pointed out that I have better chance against the masses, large numbers of enemies (in the kobold land, in the swamp or in the desert). So is it better to kill as much enemies as I can and forget big bosses to kill several times for a drop? It means that my seraphim has to use her EP suit all the time as it comes down to the large enemy of numbers to kill.

I do not know Dragon Brother from where you can get that I initially only have a 0.1% chance to find a unique.

From where can I get the initial 0.X% chance to find a unique figures with my seraphim?

I have one more question: which is better to pump: EP or chanche to find valuables? As I can see both increases the chance to find valuables. (I have not mentioned yet that my Lvl86 seraphim had mastered her EP to 75).

Thx

Joan

Edited by joanofarc

You do raise some good points, Joanofarc...

I always found the bosses to (generally) drop sets and not uniques as well. Not to say I never got a unique from a boss, just they drop sets more often than uniques.

IMO, if you are searching for Uniques, then you want to farm the Orc cave, or farm SE swamp area and kill millions of mobs insted of farming 1000's of bosses, you will get more uniques. No chance of a legendary, mediocre chance for sets, but better chance for uniques. :D

DB's example of having a 0.1% chance to find a unique is not an "actual" figure, just an illustration of how the math works with these 'very small' chances for something wonderful to happen 8)

Another of my theories is that you want to balance your pumping of EP and/or CtfV... instead of concentrating on one or the other.

You do raise some good points, Joanofarc...

I always found the bosses to (generally) drop sets and not uniques as well. Not to say I never got a unique from a boss, just they drop sets more often than uniques.

IMO, if you are searching for Uniques, then you want to farm the Orc cave, or farm SE swamp area and kill millions of mobs insted of farming 1000's of bosses, you will get more uniques. No chance of a legendary, mediocre chance for sets, but better chance for uniques. :D

DB's example of having a 0.1% chance to find a unique is not an "actual" figure, just an illustration of how the math works with these 'very small' chances for something wonderful to happen 8)

Another of my theories is that you want to balance your pumping of EP and/or CtfV... instead of concentrating on one or the other.

Thank you Scott.

So it seems Set items I can get from Bosses (White Griffin and Kobold chieftain). As you mentioned uniques are from the Orc Cave and in the Swamp from large mobs. What does SE stand for? Am I right you mean "farming" to visit the Cave several times in free-internet mode?

My Lvl85 seraphim uses the Second Ring (All skills + 6 and All Combat Arts +6 at Lvl105) and Peptar's Precious Amulet (EP +6 and CtfV +9.5% at level 105) also using the Mitigation Set. Concentrating for both CtfV and EP at the same time. It would be great if you could suggets some or better options for that.

Is there any difference between CtfV% and EP (cause it also boost CtfV)?

Thx.

Edited by joanofarc

Thank you Scott.

No problemo!

So it seems Set items I can get from Bosses (White Griffin and Kobold chieftain). As you mentioned uniques are from the Orc Cave and in the Swamp from large mobs.

It's not exactly as black and white as you say it here, but the generalization is true, IMO.

What does SE stand for? Am I right you mean "farming" to visit the Cave several times in free-internet mode?

SE is "southeastern" and it refers to the area around Lizurath.

Orc Cave - Yup! exit and re-enter the Orc cave before the dead bodies dissappear and they will respawn when you reenter! Typically you have about 15 seconds after you kill a monster before it's body dissappears...

My Lvl85 seraphim uses the Second Ring (All skills + 6 and All Combat Arts +6 at Lvl105) and Peptar's Precious Amulet (EP +6 and CtfV +9.5% at level 105) also using the Mitigation Set. Concentrating for both CtfV and EP at the same time. It would be great if you could suggets some or better options for that.

Sorry, I am a shopper, never was big on sets or uniques so I cannot say.

There was lots of debate about that here, and I was never really sure exactly what the differences were... have you checked the wiki?

Thx.

Thank you Scott.

No problemo!

So it seems Set items I can get from Bosses (White Griffin and Kobold chieftain). As you mentioned uniques are from the Orc Cave and in the Swamp from large mobs.

It's not exactly as black and white as you say it here, but the generalization is true, IMO.

What does SE stand for? Am I right you mean "farming" to visit the Cave several times in free-internet mode?

SE is "southeastern" and it refers to the area around Lizurath.

Orc Cave - Yup! exit and re-enter the Orc cave before the dead bodies dissappear and they will respawn when you reenter! Typically you have about 15 seconds after you kill a monster before it's body dissappears...

Sorry, I am a shopper, never was big on sets or uniques so I cannot say.

There was lots of debate about that here, and I was never really sure exactly what the differences were... have you checked the wiki?

Thx.

Thank you Scott, I can clearly see that not wverything is as black and white as I mentioned it earlier to you, but at least I understood the main concept.

I have another type of question regarding you are a shopper. My Seraphim has the following skills: Tactics Lore (4th Mastery will be), Dual Wield (mastered), Armor, EW Focus, EP (mastered), Bargaining (5th Mastery), Contitution (mastered), Combat Reflexes, Toughness.

As for the last skill I am hesitating between Sword Lore and Spell Resistance. I am playing FA, but in the future I might wanna take my seraphim to the expansion. Which is more useful to take?

I am going to master around Lvl98 my Tactics Lore and from there I will master Bargaining. Is it worth mastering Bargaining cause you are a shopper so you know better (I still have 15 points on it) ? Which runes (amulets and rings) should I use in a set for pumping up Bargainig skills)?

Thanks.

I don't know that you can take an FA toon and export it to Ice and Blood and/or CM-patch. If you can, I think that Spell Resistance would be my choice.

Shopping - Necklace of Greed is the 'best' amulet/socketable in the game for it, unless you find a "double-bargaining" ring/ammy. Typically, I put together a 'shopping suit' that I look for equipment with 2 mods that pump bargaining. Look for +all skills, +general skills and +bargaining modifiers. Finding pieces with 2 of these mods is rare, but can be found with enough time investment. You want your Barg. soft level at least 2x your toon level to start to see the 'better' mods on equipment. To see the 'best' mods - they start appearing with Barg. around 3x character level.

Hello Everybody.

Could someone suggest good Regeneration Per Hit ring/amulet for my Seraphim? Also suggestions for rings for Attack speed would be welcomed. Mostly I use rings and amulets for All Combat Arts, Exalted Warrior Aspectn (or/and All Combat Arts), Opponents Chance to Evade, Chance to evade and chance to disregards Armor and Damage Resistance for All (thats at the moment -88% for all). But mainly my seraphim uses rings/amulets for +EP and for +Chanche to find items %.

What other ammys could you suggest to use? What is the difference between Damage Mitigation and Damage Resistance for All? (At level 105 an amulet has only 2% damage mitigation).