Fighting enemies 100 levels above me

I thought that thread title might get your attention :D

So I'm puttering around in Platinum with my Wood Tramp, doing all the quests (well, enough to get that "this area is at peace" flag) and I get to Gloomoor. I go into the arena to grab that mission... and die.

Whattheheck? I think to myself, as I reload (not wanting to lose my SB) and re-try the quest. I fare slightly better round 2 but still die, to my fustration. Since picking up a complete Egills bow set, I've been pwning everything in Ancaria, bar none... but this little arena quest is kicking my rear!

I reload again, and decide to use my Penetrating arrow X 4 combo (@level 129)... and kill everyting pretty easy. I look at the last enemy info... and they're level 170! :BlobRed: no wonder I was dying, I think... and head back into the arena interior to finish the quest... only to find out that I can fight them again, if I like. Oooooh, heck yeah! :xmastree: Activate MS... select the bosskiller combo and hit 'R' to recharge it... reenter the arena and slaugheter... the enemies are level 176 this time around! The questgiver says I can do it again? :thumbsup: Yup... level 182 the third time... after a few more rounds the enemies level is not increasing anymore, stopped at level 194 (the log book had a fullpage of level 194's).

I was level 90 at the time, so I thought up a clever thread title and decided to post this little adventure. Although, because of that adventure, I skipped the last 3 'towns' inthe Ancarian campaign and proceeded to Niobium difficluty. The minimum enemy levels was 138... but they were much tougher goblins (in Niob) than those 3 monsters in the Gloomoor arena mission (Plat) so I have retreated to Platinum Underworld :(

Amazing Essjayehm. I did not even know that it was possible to get the enemies over 100 levels higher than your level. Mind if I ask what your survival bonus is at the moment?

IIRC it's 94%, maybe 95%.

I was pretty amazed when I saw the level 170's when I finally beat them the first time around... I didn't think it was possible, either ;)

Pretty glad I wasn't playing Hardcore with my favouritest toon ever 8/ Nasty trick Ascaron did there....

Well.... 90% of that was "training"... created the toon, ran to Bellvue and stood across the river from a goblin for ~40 hours or so (almost 2 days).

In the other 50-ish hours that I've 'actually' played her, I got 4 or 5 percent.

Of couse, I've died a lot but I keep the SB by re-loading whenever I die, even if it's been 2+ hours since I saved last. I have learned to save whenever a 'good' or wanted set piece or unique does drop... but only because I lost some stuff, too :whistle:

Well.... 90% of that was "training"... created the toon, ran to Bellvue and stood across the river from a goblin for ~40 hours or so (almost 2 days).

In the other 50-ish hours that I've 'actually' played her, I got 4 or 5 percent.

Of couse, I've died a lot but I keep the SB by re-loading whenever I die, even if it's been 2+ hours since I saved last. I have learned to save whenever a 'good' or wanted set piece or unique does drop... but only because I lost some stuff, too :whistle:

That's a nice technique ..... gonna leave Sacred on my PC overnight - see how much SB I get.

That's a nice technique ..... gonna leave Sacred on my PC overnight - see how much SB I get.

Don't forget to equip a ranged weapon ;)