Question about Runes and Combat Arts...

I'm sure these questions have been asked about a million times, but I'm new here (and new to the game), so you'll have to pardon me, hehe.

My first question is this: if I am to understand correctly, whenever I use a Rune to increase the power of a given combat art, it also increases the regeneration time, yes? So what I'm wondering is, does this increased generation time apply to just the single combat art that I use the rune with, or does it effect all the combat arts in that aspect? As in, if I use a rune to improve Demonic Blow, will it increase the regeneration time of Scything Sweep too?

My second question: Currently I'm playing with a Shadow Warrior dual-wielding swords and axes, who has about 5 in Sword Weapon skills, 5 in Hafted Weapon skills, 4 in Dual Wielding, and 2 in Death Warrior aspect (he's still low-leveled). Now the thing is, I know you can get get up to 10 different skills, but is it advised to make more than one of these skills a combat art mastery? Or should I just focus on one combat art mastery, like just Death Warrior instead of Death Warrior AND Malevolent Champion? What would be the advantages and disadvantages here?

I appreciate your help!

Reading runes will increase the regen time for that combat art only. For a buff, it will increase the regeneration times for all Combat Arts in that aspect.

How many runes you read is up to you. Generally, you should avoid reading too many in the beginning to lower the regen time and then just focus on keeping the regen times at a level that suits your playstyle. For the buffs, just make sure to keep it under the penalty level (bring up the details in your skills menu to see the highest spell level without penalty).

I would suggest both Death Warrior AND Malevolent Champion, as well as Tactics Lore (as that increases the damage for both). Also, Armor Lore and Constitution.

Look at the builds section to get some ideas.

Great info from incognito^^

As well, there are some massive, very well detailed articles in the Wiki for Runes:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/forum/357-sacred-2-guides-maps-walkthroughs-and-videos/

and I'd also suggest getting a look at the Combat Arts page

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:All_combat_arts

And Buffs, very well related

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:All_combat_arts

:)

gogo

Wow, that's some great information guys, thanks. I had no idea if you put it into buffs it would effect the entire aspect- that's good to know. I wanted to make sure and just save up my runes before I started plucking away because the first time I played I made some ungodly-horrible build of dual wielding, riding, shield lore... Yeah, lol. I'll be sure to check out the wiki too, thanks.

It's funny, I know that some posters in other forums have posted how Sacred's system of rune consumption is counterintuitive...but this is only if you're coming from a Diablo background?

For myself, I've never played Diablo, so I've never really known any other mechanic other than knowing that any rune I read, comes with a regen penalty.

It's a genius system of balancing, and this is what makes us go mad.

Yes, the game is maddening

:crazy:

gogo

It's funny, I know that some posters in other forums have posted how Sacred's system of rune consumption is counterintuitive...but this is only if you're coming from a Diablo background?

For myself, I've never played Diablo, so I've never really known any other mechanic other than knowing that any rune I read, comes with a regen penalty.

It's a genius system of balancing, and this is what makes us go mad.

Yes, the game is maddening

:crazy:

gogo

I love number-crunching my RPG's... I wouldn't have it any other way.

@Incognito: So wait, basically what you're saying is, when I'm dual-weilding weapons I don't get bonuses from the weapon skills, just the dual weilding skill itself? So, effectively using axes AND swords would be useless?

Man, good think I just started this new character. Back to the drawing board, hehe.

@Incognito: So wait, basically what you're saying is, when I'm dual-weilding weapons I don't get bonuses from the weapon skills, just the dual weilding skill itself? So, effectively using axes AND swords would be useless?

Man, good think I just started this new character. Back to the drawing board, hehe.

Dual Wield gives a bonus to all one-handed weapons (as long as 2 of them are equipped at the same time). It doesn't matter if you use swords, axes or a combination of both.

Dual Wield gives a bonus to all one-handed weapons (as long as 2 of them are equipped at the same time). It doesn't matter if you use swords, axes or a combination of both.

Gotcha. Looks like next time I'll just have to dump points into tactics lore or something to get me 5 points so that I can unlock dual wield. Thanks for the insight.

I am not sure exactly what you mean by that. With Dual Wield, you get the skill bonus when wielding any two one-handed melee weapons (sword or hafted). If you also have Sword or Hafted Lore, you only get those skill bonuses when not dual wielding, except there are some weapons with bonuses that require Sword or Hafted Lore to unlock. You get those weapons bonuses even when dual wielding, here is an example: Twin Boneslicers

If I missed your point, please elaborate on what you are asking.

I have another question, and I figured I'd ask it here instead of making a new thread...

So, skills. Obviously, you can pick 10. Question is, though, by level 200 will you have enough points to max out all of those skills are do you only get to max some and not others? The reason I ask is that I'm trying to decide if I want to get all three aspects for my Temple Guardian vs just 2, but if I end up with some skills and others not maxed out, I'd rather focus on a more important aspect than Devout Guardian.

I have another question, and I figured I'd ask it here instead of making a new thread...

So, skills. Obviously, you can pick 10. Question is, though, by level 200 will you have enough points to max out all of those skills are do you only get to max some and not others? The reason I ask is that I'm trying to decide if I want to get all three aspects for my Temple Guardian vs just 2, but if I end up with some skills and others not maxed out, I'd rather focus on a more important aspect than Devout Guardian.

You'll get enough points to "Master" them (level 75), but not to Max (level 200) each of them.

From http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Skills:

- A player can gain a total of 911 skill points to spend on skills. ((3 * 1) + (7 * 2) + (13 * 3) + (25 * 4) + (151 * 5) = 911)

- 1 skill point is granted with each skill choice. Thus the total possible number of skill points is 911 + 10 = 921

You'll get enough points to "Master" them (level 75), but not to Max (level 200) each of them.

From http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Skills:

- A player can gain a total of 911 skill points to spend on skills. ((3 * 1) + (7 * 2) + (13 * 3) + (25 * 4) + (151 * 5) = 911)

- 1 skill point is granted with each skill choice. Thus the total possible number of skill points is 911 + 10 = 921

Ahhh. I see. Alright, thanks, that makes a lot of sense now.