Shopping & smithing questions.

I recently came back to the game after not playing for roughly two years. From my previous playing session, I have a 30 HE shopper which I was trying to level in tandem with my 40 Seraphim, but I think I got a bit burnt out on that idea. Since coming back I have created a voodoo Dryad which is mid 30s (planned on the fast leveling VD shopper trick, but couldn't find any information on which patches that trick actually worked, so I ended up just running circles around the desert gathering scarabs and scorpions in mini disease trains behind me :oooo: ). And now I finally made myself a HC (first HC char) "Putrescine" Hybrid Dryad which will most likely need the help of shoppers on her way up, hence the reason for this thread. So I have a few (possibly obvious) questions if someone would take the time to enlighten me:

1. Are there any shopping locations better than others?

2. Most efficient way to shop? (Local multiplayer and shop one location? Port around to different cities? If so which are popular/most NPCs/your favorite route)

3. Which levels should I have dedicated shopping characters parked at?

4. Is there a pre-written build/guide to a high level blacksmith/shopping char anywhere I seem to be missing? If not, what would be the best option(s) for this type of character? (Please explain to me like I am an idiot, I still don't fully understand most of the acronyms or some concepts of what to take in tandem with other skills in a build)

5. Do low level (10 or lower) +1 bargaining rings exist? (I have found Amulets and +bargaining on gear so far, but not a single ring yet)

So far my shoppers include:

Level 2 HE

Level 8 Dryad

Level 30 HE

Level 37 Dryad

Thanks in advance. I'm still a huge noob, and would be lost without guides here on darkmatters. Really appreciate all the time and effort that has gone into the forums and wiki in this community.

Edited by tijaiha

Very nice link Lujate. I'd forgotten about Dobri's really short, but detailed guide on shoppers and toons.

It's good seeing you here, and welcome to DarkMatters tijaiha!

:)

gogo

p.s. Actually, when shopping, the best method I used was just resetting the start island's traders. Just click any place on your map to start a tpt off the island, then f8 back while in mid teleport... it'll bring you back to the island, with all the island merchants wares reset^^

Thank you for the fast and great response. That solved most of my questions.

...and welcome to DarkMatters tijaiha!

Thank you!

Guess I should probably attempt to make my own smith/shopper build and see what kind of critiques I can get before actually leveling it. Was overwhelmed with all the information at the start of the game, I just came to rely on other people's guides for my chars.

Actually, when shopping, the best method I used was just resetting the start island's traders. Just click any place on your map to start a tpt off the island, then f8 back while in mid teleport... it'll bring you back to the island, with all the island merchants wares reset^^

If you have any more questions, post away!

:)

gogo

Actually, when shopping, the best method I used was just resetting the start island's traders....

That's brilliant! I've been starting a new multiplayer local game, then hitting the start island's merchants, then to Thylisium for it's two sets of traders. Rinse and repeat creating a new game each time :(