Seeing Damage on PS3 Version?

I've been reading the class guide comments, and I'm here comments like "without (talent here), you take alot of crit damage" or "taking this skill ups your damage output tremendously". But when I"m out questing, the only things I see pop up on my UI is:

1. Gold gathering after kills and chest,
  2. XP gained after a kill or quest turn in
  3. Name of items that I've aquired

How do you guys know, if you cant see numbers saying how hard you hit the npc, or how yard you've been hit? I even saw a comment where a guy said he was hit for a 2k crit, what am I missing?

Hi Tybudd. Welcome to the forums.

To turn on the damage display, press the Start button, R2, and change the "Damage Details" option to "All". The options are "All", "Off" and "Experience".

This turns on both damage that you take and damage that you deal, but I don't believe it shows the same info for others you're playing with online.

Hi Tybudd. Welcome to the forums.

To turn on the damage display, press the Start button, R2, and change the "Damage Details" option to "All". The options are "All", "Off" and "Experience".

This turns on both damage that you take and damage that you deal, but I don't believe it shows the same info for others you're playing with online.

:) Thanks for the Warm welcome, you say hit start button, are you talking about when it says "Press Start" as soon as you start you game up, or while in game?

I only play offline co-op or single, hate being ganked in games with pvp:), if this works this is awesome, I am a stat fanatic, and coming from a game like wow, I hated not knowing what I was doing.

I only play offline co-op or single, hate being ganked in games with pvp:), if this works this is awesome, I am a stat fanatic, and coming from a game like wow, I hated not knowing what I was doing.

Hrm... well I will save you a lot of ?

With the console version, you will be very, very confused if you try to apply anything mathematical... some tooltips display improper information, the last opponent screen has major flaws, etc, etc.

I hate being a naysayer, but you will not be able to get a lot of info that is 'easy' for PC users to find.

But, we are always happy to help in any way we can, if you have any questions, we'll do our best to answer!

Press the Start button while while in game. This will bring up a menu that originally has options like "Save Game". There, press R2 to scroll to the next page (there are a few pages, but the option of interest is on the next page over).

PvP isn't heavily done online honestly. I think I've seen maybe 4-5 PvP games available online after 2.5+ years of playing on PS3.

Just look for a server entitled "Free World PvP". Those are the ones to avoid if you don't want PvP. Any other server type ("Campaign" or "Free World") does not have PvP enabled.

Being stats heavy myself (FF11 for 5 years before switching to Sacred 2, haven't looked back since), please heed Essjayehm's warnings.

It's impossible to access some of the information that the PC version can, formulas on the console are different than posted around the Wiki (based on fully functioning variables in the coding, as well as the changes which have come along with the PC patches) and some things just plain don't exist/apply/work in the console version.

It's easier to have a good build in this game, as there really aren't any cookie cutter builds that are superior to all others. It's just a matter of using the right modifiers for the build that you like to play.

Feel free to ask more questions if they come up though! Someone should be able to answer them...we have a good sized (largest across forums?) console community here.

Press the Start button while while in game. This will bring up a menu that originally has options like "Save Game". There, press R2 to scroll to the next page (there are a few pages, but the option of interest is on the next page over).

PvP isn't heavily done online honestly. I think I've seen maybe 4-5 PvP games available online after 2.5+ years of playing on PS3.

Just look for a server entitled "Free World PvP". Those are the ones to avoid if you don't want PvP. Any other server type ("Campaign" or "Free World") does not have PvP enabled.

Being stats heavy myself (FF11 for 5 years before switching to Sacred 2, haven't looked back since), please heed Essjayehm's warnings.

It's impossible to access some of the information that the PC version can, formulas on the console are different than posted around the Wiki (based on fully functioning variables in the coding, as well as the changes which have come along with the PC patches) and some things just plain don't exist/apply/work in the console version.

It's easier to have a good build in this game, as there really aren't any cookie cutter builds that are superior to all others. It's just a matter of using the right modifiers for the build that you like to play.

Feel free to ask more questions if they come up though! Someone should be able to answer them...we have a good sized (largest across forums?) console community here.

One thing I don't understand is the Runes system, the wiki doesn't really give you a walkthrough of it to the detail that I need, I seen somewhere that it was setup like 4 sides to a block, and each side holds 3 runs (not sure if thats just 4 sides to a square or 6 sides including a top and bottom). I've seen where the run guys says hey, pick like 4 runs together, then you select an aspect and CA to bind it to at an expensive price ( well expensive for me, I'm only level 15:), but I don't see anything on the GUI that relates to it:

• Nothing visual saying (here is where the runes are kept)
  • Nothing saying this set of runes is for this (incase you forgot)
  • Also read that you can change the set of runs you have, for different situations (fire resist set, magic)

Where can you see all this stuff on the console version, is there an indept tutorial on this somewhere that I'm not seeing?

One thing I don't understand is the Runes system, the wiki doesn't really give you a walkthrough of it to the detail that I need, I seen somewhere that it was setup like 4 sides to a block, and each side holds 3 runs (not sure if thats just 4 sides to a square or 6 sides including a top and bottom). I've seen where the run guys says hey, pick like 4 runs together, then you select an aspect and CA to bind it to at an expensive price ( well expensive for me, I'm only level 15:), but I don't see anything on the GUI that relates to it:

• Nothing visual saying (here is where the runes are kept)
  • Nothing saying this set of runes is for this (incase you forgot)
  • Also read that you can change the set of runs you have, for different situations (fire resist set, magic)

Where can you see all this stuff on the console version, is there an indept tutorial on this somewhere that I'm not seeing?

I believe you are talking about relics, not runes. Check out the Xbox page on the wiki (it has most of the console info).

ah yeah Relics, your right thank you, runes are the ones we eat right?

Runes are the ones you eat (or read).

I've seen where the run guys says hey, pick like 4 runs together, then you select an aspect and CA to bind it to at an expensive price ( well expensive for me, I'm only level 15:), but I don't see anything on the GUI that relates to it:

What I think you've described is the Runemaster, where you can trade up to 4 runes for a rune of your choice. The more runes you trade in, the less gold it will cost for the new one.

This allows you to trade runes that you don't need for one that you want. Runes are randomly dropped as loot, so this is the only way to "buy" a specific rune.

I seen somewhere that it was setup like 4 sides to a block, and each side holds 3 runs (not sure if thats just 4 sides to a square or 6 sides including a top and bottom).

This seems to be a description of the PC's Relic system. The console version is different.

If you go into your Inventory, you start off in Weapons. Press R2 and you switch to your armor. Press R2 again and you'll be at your Relics page. From this page, you can equip up to 6 relics (which give armor against the corresponding element, as well as a bonus to the specified General Skill). However, you are limited to only 3 of the same colour.

Relics are sold at the General Merchant (the one with the item bag over his head).

Hope that helps. If I've misinterpreted anything, feel free to correct me.

Edit: Oh, and you're not missing an in-depth tutorial. There are a lot of things that you have to either figure out on your own or ask about (like here).

Edited by Mystix123

This seems to be a description of the PC's Relic system. The console version is different.

If you go into your Inventory, you start off in Weapons. Press R2 and you switch to your armor. Press R2 again and you'll be at your Relics page. From this page, you can equip up to 6 relics (which give armor against the corresponding element, as well as a bonus to the specified General Skill). However, you are limited to only 3 of the same colour.

Relics are sold at the General Merchant (the one with the item bag over his head).

Hope that helps. If I've misinterpreted anything, feel free to correct me.

Edit: Oh, and you're not missing an in-depth tutorial. There are a lot of things that you have to either figure out on your own or ask about (like here).

OK, so on the console version once we've selected them we can't ever change them, because I don't see any further action after they are selected?

Also I have seen that some offer you the General Skill (like Riding, bargaining), you still get this benefit if you haven't picked the skill, or will that stat just be obsolete until you've chosen that General skill if you choose to do so?