Potions and Mob Levels? [PS3]

Potions

Where do you look to see the duration left on a potion for example using the Potion of Mentor, how do I know the buff is off, it doesn't show anything, nothing even lets me know that I've taken a potion?

Mob Levels

Pretty much the same question here, of course we know our own levels, but how do you know if the mobs you are grinding is close to your level or not? Besides the obvious givers of if you one shot the mob it must be lower than you, or if you get owned it must be too high. Id like to know so I know if I can handle mobs at their limit for higher xp gains depending on the grind time. So if I can only grind mobs 2 levels higher efficiently, I know where to go, or 4 levels etc.

Potions-If you zoom in, you should be able to see a swirling light around your character while the potion is still active.

Mobs-The easiest way is to watch the color of the targeting circles. They change color by the enemy's level in relation to your level. They go from white (which you should always avoid as it is too easy) to green, yellow, orange, red and purple (although I never saw purple on ps3).

Potions: When you see a swirling bunch of colours/lines around your character, that means one is active. The effect will only show for the last potion that you used. So if you use a Concentration Potion, then a Mentor Potion, the effect around your character will only show whether or not the Mentor Potion is active, despite the Concentration Potion still being active.

There are no visible timers for each individual potion otherwise.

Mob Levels: When you open the Overview menu, press Right (on the d-pad) 3 times. This will show the details about the last enemy that you killed, including its level and the amount of experience it gave you. If you continue to press Right, you can see the details about the last 3 enemies that you killed.

If you want to know which mobs will give you a good amount of experience: Look at the colour of the ring below a mob's feet when targeting/attacking them. If it's white, they're worth little to no experience. Green is an ok amount. Yellow is decent, orange is good, red is best. This is somewhere in the Wiki, but I can't remember where (or find it right now).

This link might help overall: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Console_GUI

Edit: Bah! Lujate posted while I writing this. But I can confirm that a purple targeting cursor does not exist on the console.

Edited by Mystix123

Potions-If you zoom in, you should be able to see a swirling light around your character while the potion is still active.

Mobs-The easiest way is to watch the color of the targeting circles. They change color by the enemy's level in relation to your level. They go from white (which you should always avoid as it is too easy) to green, yellow, orange, red and purple (although I never saw purple on ps3).

Potions ok

Mobs - OK that makes since so I'd assume

• White = No Xp
  • Green = Low slight xp
  • Yellow = Level Equivelent
  • Orange = Difficult great xp
  • Red = Extremely Hard 2 or more mobs then you die
  • Purple = Alert! GTFO

I've noticed another thing on the screen, during gameplay, under my Players Unit frame, there is a very very feint dot, its not from the scenery, because I can spin in a circle, and it always keeps the same positioning from my Player's Unit Frame, if the size of your buffs were the measurement, its about 3 buff rows down. Not my TV other games dont have this dot, and tried the game on another TV and the dot was thier still.

The Dot seems more like a super faded out florescent light, if you aren't really paying attention you wont even see it, it blends in that well.

Anyone know what it is?

Edited by Tybudd

• White = No Xp
  • Green = Low slight xp
  • Purple = Alert! GTFO

I've noticed another thing on the screen, during gameplay, under my Players Unit frame, there is a very very feint dot, its not from the scenery, because I can spin in a circle, and it always keeps the same positioning from my Player's Unit Frame, if the size of your buffs were the measurement, its about 3 buff rows down. Not my TV other games dont have this dot, and tried the game on another TV and the dot was thier still.

The Dot seems more like a super faded out florescent light, if you aren't really paying attention you wont even see it, it blends in that well.

Anyone know what it is?

Purple doesn't exist on the console. Red doesn't automatically mean that 2 or more will kill you (I often take on 4 champion types, all with red circles...see the Orc Cave).

I don't see that dot on my screen. Can you get a screen capture of it?

• White = No Xp
  • Green = Low slight xp
  • Purple = Alert! GTFO

Anyone know what it is?

Purple doesn't exist on the console. Red doesn't automatically mean that 2 or more will kill you (I often take on 4 champion types, all with red circles...see the Orc Cave).

I don't see that dot on my screen. Can you get a screen capture of it?

I'll give it a shot, I need to see how to do so from the PS3

Lujate, u said you don't know what alot of the visual effects mean, but you've seen the one that I"m speaking of?