Epic Food Creations

I hope I get the concept of this topic...If I do, it's genius!

so we make food creations from pictures?

if so, here's mine

butter.jpg

+

19240_src.jpg

+

white_bread.jpg

So yummy!

We had this aunt who used to live with us for a few months, and I was so skinny as a kid, she was always trying to "fat" me up ^^ She'd take loads of slices of white bread, butter them up, sprinkle sugar on them and fry it all up in the fry pan.

Yum!

To this day, one of my best comfort foods (when noone's looking ) is white bread with butter and white sugar sprinkled on top.

:)

gogo

• 2 months later...

Spelt, buckwheat , ... whole grain mix bread

dinkelbrot.jpg

+

butter - selfmade by a local farmer so it are rolls

full_butter5.jpg

+

Nutella

nutella-thumb-450x450.jpg

+

banana

gluckliche_banane_fotoskulptur-p153766679733002488env3c_400.jpg

=

Early breakfeast before kids go to school (bus leaves at 6:15am)

tumblr_lcabzyq0HD1qdis2oo1_500.jpg

that rocks...I'd even make it into a cookie Chattius!

here's mine... :

EggDone2.jpg

+

41037-PainBleEntier.jpg

+

marmite.jpg

My mom used to make sandwiches out of this... loved it!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 4 months later...

Nephews, nieces, neighbour kids, own kids, ... We did a dort of 'fruit give away party' yesterday. Too many apples, pears, ... and already too lazy to harvest them. So they told kids to invite friends and they can pick all the rest - if, yes, if their parents will help with some lunch and snacks for them.

So we got a lot of Bratwurst, french fries, breadrolls with cheese and paprika, breadrolls with Mett and onions, farmers bread with Schmalz (party-lard?)... Way too much luckily - as it turned out.

After fruit harvesting kids did kiting and other games so we decided to add an improvised evening meal:

Collecting butter from not eaten breadrolls, laying the cheese and paprika away, breadrolls cut in stripes and roasted in the butter

leftover Bratwurst cut in discs

Mett formed to meatballs

Schmalz used to roast onions

french fries mashed

All except cheese mixed and heated in a big pan on mobile oven and then the collected cheese melting above the mix.

Yummy, and best no leftovers.

• 6 months later...

Gelbe Grütze und Schokoeis with a bit of :chef: and a big resulting :woot: !

We were cleaning the refridgerator, or you can call it we wanted to know what was hidden in it and got forgotten. Lots of frozen fruits so we decided to do some old fashioned Gelbe Grütze.

Day one: put groat (we did a mix of buckwheat and barley) into apple juice so it sucks up the liquid

Day two: Some yellow fruits (yellow cherries, apricot, a single kiwi, greengage-ours are more yellow) boiled with sugar, cooled down a bit, and the groat from the day befor stirred in. And a short boiling again.

It can be kept fresh for around a month in a fridge so we did like 4 pounds. A spoon of Gelbe Grütze on a ball of chocolade ice is our preferred mix.

There is only an english wiki article about the close Rote Grütze: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%B8dgr%C3%B8d

1998.jpg

This picture is obviously no choco-ice, our fruit pieces are smaller and the cream is not as clear because we use groat and not potato starch ;)

But just to get the feeling...

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

Just try it out, very easy recipe. We do several pounds at once and store it in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.

Rote Grütze and Ice is more a sunny afternoon

On a sunday morning;

Waffeln.jpg

Waffles with Rote Grütze and vanilla sauce, very yummy too.

As a saturday midday dish

griessbrei_duett_550.jpg

Grießbrei (semilona pudding:)) with Rote Grütze

Lot of recipes to use it, so doing some pounds is no mistake at a household of 8.

• Like! 1