The Abyss (EVEOnline story)

Comments are welcome and appreciated. I hope you enjoy it.

Narrative and myself is plain text

Aura (female), the ship computer is text

The Abyss

Anger, pain, and dispair follow in the wake of all the children of Chaos. The time will come when we need seek Her refuge once more. She is dangerous and cruel and mysterious, yet she rewards her children interpid enough, with peace and enlightenment. She welcomes all her children back to her loving embrace with no reservations and no questions asked. All she asks in return is your love and your attention and...

"Open secure channel T57122A0B1-Tango"

Establishing link, please wait...link established.

"Send: I am back in the area and available."

Receiving: "You were not expected back."

"Send: Things have changed."

Receiving: "For the worse?"

"Send: No."

Receiving: "Good. Something may have come up..."

and that you come alone...

some time later...

The Dance of Death is both beautiful and macabre. It can be as fast as a lover’s heartbeat or as slow as the mending of a broken heart. You do not get to always pick your partner in the Dance…

Receiving: “Video feed is active. Hold position.”

Send: “Understood”

Several tense minutes pass as a lone ship remains hidden in the debris of an asteroid field. She watches as ships patrol the space around their makeshift base, just as a tigress watches her prey.

We are being targeted.

Send: “Been spotted”

Receiving: “Terminate targets.”

Send: “Understood”

"Combat overlay."

Combat overlay active. Auto target locking enabled.

"Music."

Selection.

"Rob Zombie, Dragula."

Music starts to reverberate inside the ship.

Targets locked.

"Execute attack pattern Tango using target alpha."

Tango executing.

The Akaedynkaar’s engines come to life as she maneuvers to join in the Dance.

…all you can do is learn the steps and moves and let the music flow through you as you meet the other Dancers on the floor

Thanx Cygnus. :(

Very nice read. I didn't really feel like I was in the story until the description of the environment was given right before Akaedynkaar was targeted. Having him select a track just before battle is a cool touch and the use of dance as a metaphor with Tango as technology is brilliant.

Is it a story that you are woking on, or already completed? I look forward to reading some more. clap2.gif

That was it for that one..it is more like a short-attention span story..a small little glimpse into the twisted mind of Cygnus. I do have other stories..two more...one more a dramatic in a freeform style..much like this one...another was a co-written ongoing story...

Cygnus in EVE is a young Intaki woman. She has a pretty detailed background and complex makeup...I am a roleplayer afterall :(

Guest gogoblender

wow...nice read cygnus

lol, I know whatyou mean about having stuff like this coming out when we're feeling listless and creative.

It's cool how it taps into parts of our mind and provides groundwork for some intersting fiction.

Someimtes just writing great words and creating resonating images just feels write.

A kind of poetry in it's own way?

And in this case...a most effective dance

I like the way how between lines it goes from one narrative of the story to another.

Let's see some more

:D

gogo