Survival Bonus Edit

Hello everyone :)

I was wondering if someone knows a way to edit just the survival bonus in single player. I have become crazy trying to find an editor or some way to change it :oooo:

I would be fine even to just know the correct line when editing the save files with the Hex editor or a way to increase its gaining in the "balance" file.

Help and tips are apprecciated :)

Edited by Cosimo

Hello everyone :)

I was wondering if someone knows a way to edit just the survival bonus in single player. I have become crazy trying to find an editor or some way to change it :oooo:

I would be fine even to just know the correct line when editing the save files with the Hex editor or a way to increase its gaining in the "balance" file.

Help and tips are apprecciated :)

Survival Bonus is a number derived from a couple of factors - and is calculated on the fly. It depends on how long your character has been alive and in combat. Just safely standing around in the middle of some town, it doesn't increase. Read more about it Here.

So the more monsters, baddies, and other riff raff you spend blasting, hacking or slashing, and manage to stay ALIVE, the higher it gets. Once your character bites it and gets sent to a resurrection monolith, the survival bonus gets reset to 0.

The KEY to increasing it is to kick backside and take names and NOT get killed in the process.

That said, there ARE a number of items floating about in the game that can help you by increasing SB... If you're playing without the CM Patch it's called "Faster increase of Survival Bonus" which is technically incorrect as it only adds a fixed percentage and that goes away as soon as that item is no longer equipped. Since version 120 of the CM Patch, IIRC, that's been changed to "Survival Bonus"...

One such item is the Stalworth Safeguard shield.

All that said... There may indeed be a way to modify a save game with a specific editor or even a hex editor, but it's unadvisable. It's my understanding that Sacred 2 Save games are encrypted and while it IS possible to decrypt them, I'm not aware of any information on the file structure that will give you what you're after.

I know some people have just parked their character for hours in the presence of a single weak enemy, one too weak to actually kill the character. You would just have to make sure nothing bigger comes along, and you do not accidentally kill the monster with reflect.

I know some people have just parked their character for hours in the presence of a single weak enemy, one too weak to actually kill the character. You would just have to make sure nothing bigger comes along, and you do not accidentally kill the monster with reflect.

Eh.. I suppose you could do that.. NOT so sure how effective it would be to park your character near say, Happy Cow Farm and let some Kobolds have at you. If you think about it, to get from 50% SB to 75%, you need to do it for a very, very long time - like 12 hours. And as you try to get your SB higher, the longer it takes. To get it to 99%, it takes 594 HOURS.. That's 24 days, 18 hours..

And I'm not entirely sure if that would count for much. The music when you're in that region doesn't change when you're at a higher level.. Level 39 Kobolds aren't much of a challenge, nor a threat when you're up to say, level 60 or so. And honestly, I don't have the patience to give it a long test run.

Besides.. I think Cosimo wants a quicker fix.. :D

Eh.. I suppose you could do that.. NOT so sure how effective it would be to park your character near say, Happy Cow Farm and let some Kobolds have at you. If you think about it, to get from 50% SB to 75%, you need to do it for a very, very long time - like 12 hours. And as you try to get your SB higher, the longer it takes. To get it to 99%, it takes 594 HOURS.. That's 24 days, 18 hours..

And I'm not entirely sure if that would count for much. The music when you're in that region doesn't change when you're at a higher level.. Level 39 Kobolds aren't much of a challenge, nor a threat when you're up to say, level 60 or so. And honestly, I don't have the patience to give it a long test run.

Besides.. I think Cosimo wants a quicker fix.. :D

Definitely :P For now I am just "saving up" my character save time by time (every time I log from game), this way, in case I die, I can still backup the file with the survival bonus achieved till then. Still... If I say, die after a couple of hours of playing, it's a pain to lose all the progress :(

I will live with it for now... it's a good temporary solution.

Thanks for your tips guys :)

Survival bonus is somehow calculated based on the amount of time spent in combat. So basically the game takes that time and puts it in some formula.

You can increase the UBpivot value in the balance file, it will adjust one of the variables in that formula and bump your survival bonus.

So it'll basically need less time to get a 100% bonus. If you really must do it that way...

• Like! 1