Try out the Guns of Icarus Online beta

I've played a bunch of the original Guns of Icarus with my friends in the past, but for a couple days now, I've been playing its multiplayer sequel, Guns of Icarus Online and thought that it would be nice to get the game a bit more publicity as it is a mostly unknown, but great game. Don't hesitate to give this awesome title a try.

Home Page: http://www.gunsoficarus.com/

So, What is Guns of Icarus Online?

Quoted from the devs:

Guns of Icarus Online is a team-based multiplayer online airship combat game. Captain or serve as crew aboard an airship with your friends and fly into battle against other ships in a steam/dieselpunk-inspired, post-apocalyptic world. Each player takes on one of the three roles aboard the ship—Captain, Gunner, or Engineer—and must work together to take down enemies and keep the ship flying. The game is all about teamwork, tactics, and fast-paced action.

You basically play matches in which two teams of multiple airships fight for objectives which differ based on the match mode. Matches get pretty intense as your small group of 4 players frantically tries to outmaneuver and destroy enemy crafts while doing everything they can to keep theirs flying. You might be firing a flak turret one moment, trying to put out a fire the next, while running all over trying to repair the failing engines your captain is pushing beyond their limits to keep you out of enemy weapons' range.

08.jpg

11.png

You can go to this thread to request beta keys, I got some for my roommates within minutes.

http://www.gunsofica...equests#Item_62

If you end up liking the game or cant wait for a free key, you can pre-order the game on steam at a 25% discounted 15$ and start playing now.

http://store.steampo...com/app/209080/

Edit: stupid typos

Thanks for the detailed post, Raphael, and fellow Quebecer!

I put in the trailer in your post, it's very unique, inventive backdrop for a game. It says mmo... does this mean that there will be a monthly... for a fps shooting/team game?

:)

gogo

Thanks for the detailed post, Raphael, and fellow Quebecer!

I put in the trailer in your post, it's very unique, inventive backdrop for a game. It says mmo... does this mean that there will be a monthly... for a fps shooting/team game?

:)

gogo

Thanks for the addition and sorry for the late reply. It's not a pure mmo per se, it falls in the same subcategory of mmo as games like world of tanks, and from what I read so far there won't be a monthly fee, just a low-ish purchase price and additional vanity/convenience cash shop stuff.

There are currently events being held multiple days a week during which various devs and other staff from Muse Games(the dev company) play the game with the players and answer questions and hand out keys to whoever needs more for friends. Those events can be a lot of fun as some of the devs offer a nice challenge and most of them are willing to use the ingame voice chat to communicate, often resulting in memorable matches.