Did I find a new item?

I cant find info on this relic I found anywhere:

pFlkC.png

It also has a unique skin and is green so I thought its a part of a set, but I cant find that set on the wiki or google.

Sacred 2 never ceases to amaze me.

Hmmm. Interesting find, bhav.

At first glance, I thought it was one of the CM-patch 'relic sets', but they have names like Ki, lth, em, and al (to make the Kilthemal relic set)

I found a topic that may shed some light on that item, here... but IMO it should be a gold item, not green, so I am not totally sure what you have found.

Anyone else?

Ages ago I found a green sword with normal stats, that simply appeared to be a glitched name, but this one has super stats plus a unique skin so doesnt seem to be as glitchy.

Its most likely due to installing I+B over the steam copy of the game, I unlocked a new tier of loot somehow or something :P

Edited by bhav

A random set item...strange :) It was possible for random drops like that in early versions of the game but I thought that was only uniques, not sets. In any case, what you've found is potentially an effect of the install process you have as you mentioned along with the cm-patch.

Yea, steam base game + I+B disk expansion, and community patch.

Unfortunately I lost my previous level 50+ temple guardian when recently upgrading to Windows 8 - I backed up my documents but forgot to backup my user folder where the saves were. So I just started over and found the character editor this time too which means no more restarting required (my chronic restart-itis snd no respeccing allowed meant I never got far in this game because I would constantly re roll).

Though the game tries to severely troll me, the first nice weapons I get are these:

dKWqT.png

And TGs cannot dual wield :( :( :(

I'll have to make something that can dual wield now just for those though.

Edited by bhav

I cant find info on this relic I found anywhere:

pFlkC.png

It also has a unique skin and is green so I thought its a part of a set, but I cant find that set on the wiki or google.

Sacred 2 never ceases to amaze me.

Is your balance text file tweaked at all? If not, I concure with the Steam theory. The logic does hold water.

I remain, Etherian

No, the only file I've modded is the options file to disable combat music. Even if it is the steam theory that's causing this to happen, where did the relics skin come from? Has anyone seen anything like that before? And what about the stats, has anyone seen those before, and how were they generated?

Here is where I saw the skin before, and why I first thought of the Sigils when you posted, bhav.

The CM patch did not 'invent' anything per se, just unlocked things that were in-game but not used with the original releases... so the skins for the Sigils were actually coded, and that is where this bug (Steam-related or otherwise) is getting that from.

Good luck with this mystery...

I fixed it, I updated to Community Patch 1.40 and the relic is correctly renamed to Im.

The new green items from the patch were previously being renamed as ordinary loot.

I fixed it, I updated to Community Patch 1.40 and the relic is correctly renamed to Im.

The new green items from the patch were previously being renamed as ordinary loot.

GZ! bhav. Turns out the Steam Theory did not hold water?

Mystery Solved.

I remain, :agreed:

No, installing I+B to the steam version is just the same thing as installing it to the US version with registry edits. It was just a bug with the community patch, giving me the new green items with ordinary loot names.

QQ, I think the CM patch 1.40 still bugged some items in my game:

ym6pc.png

That should have concentration and ancient magic, but it doesnt.

Edited by bhav

Some items get a second token only at higher levels/difficulties. Sigils are only armour low level, but later they can have nice stuff like block combat arts as second token. I think some uniques were same, but can't remember which. Some set armours get more sockets later on...

I was going to say that as well, lots of uniques found in Silver difficulty can be missing one modifier (esp. jewellery). I don't recall set pieces missing sockets, though.

If that Tyho's was found in Gold... hmmmmm... dunno what to say about that; it should have both mods on it.