Any way to save game?

I know portals and monuments save the game, but I was wondering if there is another way. The game isn't super stable for me even though I have lowered settings a bit. I would be very happy if there was a 'save' button.

If memory serves, F7 should do the trick, whereas F5 was portal. Been quite a while I played, so memory's a bit shaky. :P

Though one could always check and change them at the key settings. :)

I know portals and monuments save the game, but I was wondering if there is another way. The game isn't super stable for me even though I have lowered settings a bit. I would be very happy if there was a 'save' button.

As Stormwing said - F7 saves the game. You can change this (or verify what key is set to Save) by going into Options from the main menu or by way of the Escape key from an active game.

I&B brought a 5th CA, so number and function keys got re-ordered. Some people didn't know that and couldn't explain the strange things happening when playing I&B pressing the keys used in FA.

Er.. Chattius... I could have sworn the CA slots are controlled by the keyboard numbers 1 - 5 in Ice and Blood...

The weapons slots (which also got an extra slot) are controlled (by default in I&B) by F1 - F5.

I know this because some times I am going for the Q key on the kb and wind up hitting 1 or 2 (right above it on the US kb layout) and depending on the CA, I wind up changing the CA - not the weapon. And depending on the situation I sometimes find myself in bit of a sticky situation when I've done that.