Black Ops II

Been playing this quite a bit with the kiddo and/or a co-worker....mostly the Zombies...

It's actually quite depressing. I was an expert shot on 3 weapons in the Navy...I've even trained with Seals. But I cannot seem to get to round 15 no matter what I do, even on easy :P

I mean zombies are slow, mindless and have no sense of teamwork. I should be able to out think, out maneuver these undead. But unless I get my little laser gun from the mystery box I know life expectancy is low. I've tried running around, setting up shop in a room with few entrances, even hanging out on top of the bus, but they always get me.

I'm pretty sure if I was in the series The Walking Dead, I would have been one of the first casualties lol

I've played several of the CoD games, as well as BF3, but quit after the games became too much focused at "spray and pray", spawn-camping, bunny-hopping and n00b-hunting. Black Ops was the last game I played and enjoyed as it offered me the ability to use semi-automatic weapons. But even then the use of full automatic weapons, combined with bunny-hopping made me quite angry.

The irony of it all is that I'm the guy who invented the placement of the claymoore's at the most unbelievable places, like away from dooropenings - thus the persons jumping to enter a house got hit from the back - at a stair case - ditto kill - or at a railing; often resulting in players being angry at me because of that. :) It was called "n00bish" to rely at claymoore kills; as if the things I mentioned above weren't.

The only positive of it is that I'm aware of having a better tactical and strategic mind, giving me the advantage over those fast shooting bunnyhopping sprayers, in case zombies attack.

I think you should do the same. If you've been in the Navy you've learned a helluva lot more about using those weapons and the terrain in your advantage as these kids do nowadays. So in case "The Walking Dead" become reality, I'd wager you're going to survive a lot longer. Simply because being stealthy makes you harder to find, thus increasing survival.

As for myself, I'm not an expert in shooting any weapons; but I'll manage. :D

Thorin :)

Well, the thing about the zombie apocalypse that is scariest is not that they are so many of them and they are unrelenting. They don't need intelligence or speed, when they have the vast numbers of them that they do. I think the worst thing to do is hunker down and try a defensive stand... just keep moving with a keen eye on your 6.

Oh, and about the game :P ... yeah IDK, I stopped playing shooters a long time ago - I definitely don't have the fast-twitch reactions I used to.

Really got into HALO 2 back in the day. Was the last first person shooter I really enjoyed. In fact, I recall a couple controllers becoming useless due to overuse.

HALO 2 also had a BFG, the Grenade Launcher. Semi-Auto AR-15. 50 cal. BMG sniper rifle. Duel Wield pistols, 45 ACP, if I remember correctly. 12 guage mossberg pump shotgun. Very fun up close and personal.

Point is, if & when the Zombie Apocalypse does come knocking. Anything which can lob lead down field will suffice. Anything is better than a tire iron or 2x4 with nails on one end.

I remain, :viking: