How hard would it be to mod in a costume armor tab

Rizz

To mod in a costume armor tab?

I'm always a little frustrated when a loot intensive game like this doesn't add in the ability to customize how your character's armor looks... The art teams make all this great looking armor, but by the end of the game, we usually end up looking like a color-blind juggalo.

Rizz -

Welcome to DarkMatters...

To answer your question... If you know what you're doing, it's just a matter of doing it. The real question you should be asking though - is it really that important? If you spend more time modding how a piece of armor looks than playing the game is it worth the extra effort?

FWIW, I don't really give a fig, flying or otherwise really what the armor LOOKS like, my main concern is what does it have to offer in terms of offense and defense. As long as the Shadow Warrior doesn't have to prance around in a pink tu-tu.. or the Seraphim doesn't have to run around in something equally out of place, it doesn't really matter.. Good thing, btw, no pink tu-tu's exist for the Shadow Warrior!

The CM Patch - aka the Community Patch - has a number of armor sets that were introduced - and a few that were updated to have a better look. It does require the Ice and Blood expansion...

• Like! 1

Welcome aboard Rizz. :)

Well, mainly it's the constraints of the game's engine. As sad it is, Sacred 2 was apparently never meant to be heavily modded... Like the oldie but goodie Titan Quest, or newer Elder Scrolls.

Though, like Wolfie said, CM-patch adds some nice goodies. And Steam has the Gold-edition available at reasonable price, if one doesn't have it already.

And I remember seeing some nifty little patch LazyTomcat made. Though I don't remember if it works with the latest CM-patch.

And if one knows how to handle the textures and stuff, one could make the armors look just what one wants. I'm sure CM-membs and other modders would like to share the needed knowhow anyway. :)

Welcome aboard Rizz. :)

Well, mainly it's the constraints of the game's engine. As sad it is, Sacred 2 was apparently never meant to be heavily modded... Like the oldie but goodie Titan Quest, or newer Elder Scrolls.

Though, like Wolfie said, CM-patch adds some nice goodies. And Steam has the Gold-edition available at reasonable price, if one doesn't have it already.

And I remember seeing some nifty little patch LazyTomcat made. Though I don't remember if it works with the latest CM-patch.

And if one knows how to handle the textures and stuff, one could make the armors look just what one wants. I'm sure CM-membs and other modders would like to share the needed knowhow anyway. :)

IIRC, Some or all of LT's hard work was included in there - I know the Armament of 9 Hells (HE Armor set) was his handiwork - MEOW!! It's pretty much a catsuit.. :drool: And that itself was an entirely new set...

Wolfie: Yep. Going to get one set together for my Pyro-bargainer one of these days. :P And if I'm not wrong, same is with the Exalted set for seraphim; Virtues of Seraphim. And Sopor's too.

I can't seem to find the post on quick search, but he did a standalone patch, which changed at least one Dryad's set, took the cloak of the SW's Lich King set, etc. Might be that it went missing with the recent tumble...

Stormie: Would this be the post?

If that's the case, that mod is NOT compatible with the CM Patch over version 100. Not such a big deal since I think some of the mods wound up in the CM Patch anyhow. Tho I could be wrong about that.

• Like! 1

Nailed it, Wolfie. :) Someone's apparently better in search-fu than me. Tho, I claim my Google-fu to be greater. (than finding things here on DM. :P)

I mostly would've wanted it for the Dryad set. Can't really stomach a full mail armor or something on a dryad... But since it's only to v100, then I think I'm out of luck...

Yup. I'm not so sure you can find versions of the patch that are that old.

And it wasn't too hard to find the post - hot tip:

Search for LazyTomcat in the search box and look for the posts he started. :D

Logic would dictate that since it was his mod, he would have posted here about it. It was just a matter of looking from there.

I remembered there was such a thing back in the day, but I didn't recall the post title nor what the patch was called - so the next best thing is to look for the author.

To mod in a costume armor tab?

I'm always a little frustrated when a loot intensive game like this doesn't add in the ability to customize how your character's armor looks... The art teams make all this great looking armor, but by the end of the game, we usually end up looking like a color-blind juggalo.

Rizz, hi!

Saw your post and added some more of your question to it so that for Sacred reference section modding, it's more easly searchable.

Here to say, as well...

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo