Is "Living off the Land" viable?

Hi all,

Just bought Sacred 2 last week. I've been scrolling through a lot of old posts to try to pick up some tips on the game. I've noticed there are lots of threads on making "shoppers" almost as if it is essential.

So my question is, what has been your experience in living off the land? Is it possible to get through Platinum and Niobium strictly through farming weapons and armor or is that just excruciatingly tedious?

Would love any input on the topic, thanks!

First off.. Welcome to DarkMatters..!

Secondly.... You almost HAVE to do some farming of mobs and bosses and such if you want set items, legendary or uniques. Those NEVER show up in the market unless you've sold it to them - or you get that weird glitch that happens like once in a bazillion years. And more often than not, sets, uniques and legendary weapons/armor are better than the stuff you or your shopper might find in the market.

Set items when you have enough of them will give you set bonuses that you won't get with market items.

That said, going to the market isn't all that bad to do. You will find some essential items - like Regen per Hit (RpH) modded jewelry more frequently there than you would normally find picking up from dropped loot.

Personally... I usually do make sure I have Enhanced Perception whenever/wherever it's available. I will also take Bargaining if possible. I find shopping networks have flaws. More often than not, the shopper will not be the same class as you - and this makes the shopper's task all that much more difficult.

Let's say you've got a Shadow Warrior - who can't bargain to save his life. So you bring up a Seraphim shopper to find goodies for him. MOST of the stuff the Seraphim finds in the market will be for... the Seraphim. So the Seraphim will have to work triple time shopping to find just ONE item for the Shadow Warrior. And some Shadow Warrior items (such as 2 handed Axes and Hammers) are hard to find to begin with. Might as well just take the Shadow Warrior to the merchants and have him find what he needs directly. Yes, he will have to pay thru the nose for what he buys, but you don't have a lot of options.

The same sort of thing goes for the Dryad - you rarely, if ever see blowpipes in the market when you're playing a Dryad, let alone another class.

FWIW, I just go play the game, and more often than not, I get what I need from drops in the field, from quest rewards AND from the market.

All in all, I do think it's possible to make it through the game in Niob without having to do a lot of farming.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Welcome to the forum

I started with characters which could live from the land, like a melee elf.

But the latest characters like the unarmed need carefully chosen equipment.

In my opnion hybrid characters are better fited in living from the land.

Cool ok so it is possible.

Last year and early this year I was playing Diablo 3 and Path of Exile. Both games it's nearly impossible to live off the land. in later stages. You end up over-leveling ridiculously just to get equipment so you can continue on. For example, you could be level 50 with level 20-30 equipment, fighting level 40 monsters to try to get better equip!

AC