Hecka va Glitch

This seems to be happening regularly and it even sounds a bit humorous. I'll start the game after an hour or more and when it loads the character I had been playing (my High Elf) she has a tag-along. I had just completed the chain quest in the desert with Skeik Yerbouty after having an entourage of soldiers. I left the game and came back to have one of the soldiers attached to me. (she is rather fetching... but seriously) I had saved the character/status files several levels ago so I can backtrack but I'm wondering if I should just do a clean re-load first. I'm wondering if I still need to use the revocation tool since I'm loading it back onto the same PC. I'm playing Vanilla Sacred 2 because the town in which I reside is too small to have any storefronts that would stock or even order Sacred 2 Gold Edition. I also could not find it online. Maybe if I wasn't so busy playing the game I would have searched a bit more thoroughly. Does anyone have any suggestions and should I report this bug?

I get a tag along sometimes, particularly when if I go back to an earlier difficulty, but sometimes other ones pop up for no reason. It's often Zaman, the Runemaster's lost son in Sloeford. Sometimes it's the Elven Gladiators from the quest in Thylysium.

Is this tag along persistent, even after saving/reloading, or changing areas? If you have another difficulty unlocked, you could try switching to another difficulty and switching back again.

No clue what causes this to happen, some script somewhere that's not quite right. If you want to try reporting it to the CM Patch bugtracker it's worth a shot.

Thanks for your timely reply. Yes, I tried saving the game, changng areas, re-booting, and everything but changing difficulties. I'll try that. Also, I have had Zaman show up to watch the End Boss' battle. His daddy told me that boy was the adventurous sort. I'll try your other suggestion. If I do feel the need to do a clean re-install do I have to use the revocation tool If I am re-loading on the same PC?

Update, this is getting really freaky. I did a clean re-install and placed my character and save file back with the same results. Perhaps I should have deleted all remaining vestiges of Sacred 2 from my PC before starting over fresh. I can load the same character at a lower level but whenever she reaches level 63 and I start the game again there's the attached Soldier.

Edited by Hooyaah

Thanks for the link, Flix. Yeah, the runemaster's son Zaman is common. What is so freaky about this is that the Soldier won't leave, not ever unless I switch to Bronze. I can backtrack by adding my files back from several levels before but after one or two game re-starts he's back, no matter which quests I select or region I go to.

He just stands in one place, only moving just as I'm out of range. He's invulnerable, but he finally left. I wonder if he'll come back, not that he was helpful, just standing there leering at me.

This seems to be happening regularly and it even sounds a bit humorous. I'll start the game after an hour or more and when it loads the character I had been playing (my High Elf) she has a tag-along. I had just completed the chain quest in the desert with Skeik Yerbouty after having an entourage of soldiers. I left the game and came back to have one of the soldiers attached to me. (she is rather fetching... but seriously) I had saved the character/status files several levels ago so I can backtrack but I'm wondering if I should just do a clean re-load first. I'm wondering if I still need to use the revocation tool since I'm loading it back onto the same PC. I'm playing Vanilla Sacred 2 because the town in which I reside is too small to have any storefronts that would stock or even order Sacred 2 Gold Edition. I also could not find it online. Maybe if I wasn't so busy playing the game I would have searched a bit more thoroughly. Does anyone have any suggestions and should I report this bug?

Can't find it online..? Try AMAZON.. Or Steam. Both have the full game - $20 all day long...

Thanks, Flix posted a link. Now I have two Soldiers when I start. When I stop paying attention, they eventually do become vulnerable and are killed off by other NPCs. However, when I begin again, there they are. If I get a third, I'll have quite the entourage.

Update, my tag-a-longs didn't join me whe I went to Gold. I'm up to level 81 and she's doing very well, following Loco's wicked "Piromante" build.