Sacred 1 question on dragon fighting

Sorry I am posting in Sacred 2 but I ddin't think anyone would read sacred underworld section.

I've watched some youtubes and I see the strategy is to circle around the dragon and evade the breath.

My first character was a battle mage using fire spiral and purgatory. I beat the poison, ice, and fire using my spells. I also had trading at that point and so I was pretty strong.

Now I'm experimenting with a melee dark elf, but I can't really scratch the poison dragon. Is this happening because a melee build is gear dependent? I could try stacking poison mist, but I haven't even been using traps and plus the dragon in the desert is poison.

Here is my build:

start Weapon Lore

start Concentation

level 3 Dual Wield

level 6 Constition

level 12 Armor

level 20 Agility

level 30 traps

(am not using traps it is just to lower regenerations of testosterone and adrenaline.)

I am level 32

level 50 Trading

• Like! 1

I'm not a big dark elf person, but I did spend hours grinding on dragons. Knuckles used to call me the "King of Hardcore Bronze" because I couldn't resist throwing my toons against dragons before they were ready, getting them killed!

This page might help: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred:Dragons especially the vulnerabilities table.

Melee's a little rough w/ dragons since you're darting in and out to avoid both their breath and their claws. The key strategy is to focus on one type of damage (preferrably what your enemy is weak against) and then go shopping for a couple rings to wear and to socket that have damage and +% damage of that type. Another thing to look for is amulets with +% damage vs dragons. Or even do the quest series to get the Orbus Dracos, which is the next to last item here: http://pctalk.info/Games/Sacred2/Wolfes.Lair/SacredUnderworld/Pages/Item-UniqueAll-EggsAndReward.html

As for melee combat arts... hard hit is your melee fall back. My suggestion is socket several pieces of armor with hard hit (or +skill), which you put on only to make a 4xHH combo, you then take it off, so your normal hard hit has a decent regen which you use while your combo regens (if you have the gold, you can buy concentration potions and then spam the combo).

• Like! 1

Thanks for the advice! I think I have too bad gear with my dark elf and am going to have to level to 50 to get trading. My battlemage is less dependent on gear and was able to beat the dragon, but not the dark elf.

Again, thanks! :sun:

I always played barbarians which don't get trade until level 50 either. The trick before reaching level 50 is to watch for armor w/ the best combination of sockets and mods (ex: one less socket for a good mod, but not for a so-so mod). It can take some time at Bravemart to find the armor pieces w/ the max possible sockets. Even just chest armor with max sockets makes a big diff when fully socketed w/ damage rings.

Oh, and make sure all the rings on your DE are the same damage type, preferrably the same damage type as your main weapon.

Do you know how to do a LAN drop for yourself? So you could have a dwarf trader who gets good rings and such and then transfer them to your other toons? It makes up for not being able to do transfers using other players in multiplayer. http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/453-sacred-guide-prisms-sp-masterguide/ If you have trouble figuring it out, let me know.

• Like! 1

Yes thank you. Some good ideas. Were you saying I should start shopping for socket items even before getting trading? I was going to try to make my dark elf self sufficient just to do the game untwinked, but if I cannot beat dragons without twinking that would change my attitude. My battlemage can shop but he is level 65. I'm not sure if jewelry in Sacred 1 affects the item level for twinking other characters. If it did I would have to either level my DE to 65 or else get the dwarven trader.

With the LAN I know how to do that. You can even re-harvest runes and stuff like that; I am sure you know how. But just in case you create a co-op game. Drop the runes on the ground. Save the game. Then have your character you want to get the runes to and you have them eat the runes and export that character, but DONT save the co-op world. Then you can just return.

I wasn't using the LAN trick with my battlemage because it was too easy with maxed out flameskin and I wanted to see how the build played just on its own. My fire dot battlemage works awesome. I am 65 in silver underworld. If it continues so strong I want to write up a guide. Sacred 1 is one of the few games to have stacking DOTS. That's if you consider firespiral and purgatory DOTS.

Anyhow thanks for the guidance.

I can understand trying to finish the game w/out twinking. But by all means, yes, take your DE shopping for rings to socket. Trading adds and improves the mods that items have. But even without trading, you can find some decent damage rings that you can socket now. Damage from a ring, even if socketed in your armor, adds to your melee damage. If you can find a few rings with +damage and few with +% damage, it can really add up.

I often put a rune in the first socket and then fill the rest with rings/amulets. So when you unsocket, you can save the rune.

Oh... the ghosts in the ghost cave drop lots of rings/amulets... it's a great place to farm them, so you won't have to spend gold. Ghosts are weakest against fire. http://pctalk.info/Games/Sacred2/Wolfes.Lair/SacredUnderworld/Pages/PopularHG-GhostCave.html

• Like! 1

Sorry I am posting in Sacred 2 but I ddin't think anyone would read sacred underworld section.

I've watched some youtubes and I see the strategy is to circle around the dragon and evade the breath.

My first character was a battle mage using fire spiral and purgatory. I beat the poison, ice, and fire using my spells. I also had trading at that point and so I was pretty strong.

Now I'm experimenting with a melee dark elf, but I can't really scratch the poison dragon. Is this happening because a melee build is gear dependent? I could try stacking poison mist, but I haven't even been using traps and plus the dragon in the desert is poison.

Here is my build:

start Weapon Lore

start Concentation

level 3 Dual Wield

level 6 Constition

level 12 Armor

level 20 Agility

level 30 traps

(am not using traps it is just to lower regenerations of testosterone and adrenaline.)

I am level 32

level 50 Trading

No worries about the section, it's getting some posts and is in Underworld now, nice seeing this game chatted about again

:)

gogo

• Like! 1