Changes in the character selection screen?

Valkyr

I want to ask about two similar things:

I have already changed the... funny? (or ridiculous, jha!) Community Patch image with a custom image by editing the “\system\console.tga” image. But I still can’t replace the other Community Patch image over the top-left character selection screen. How can I change this image too?

This image is located at “\system\console.tga”

87e794a1a2d6.jpg

But where can I change this CM logo?

85f199a3de02.jpg

And the second will be probably impossible but I’ll ask: Is there a way to return to the original character selection screen from Sacred 2 instead the bloody Ice & Blood screen? (Running Ice & Blood, of course).

I want to change the Ice & Blood awful background with the original one (but keeping the menus and functionalities from Ice & Blood)

1a0fd2a633d520c9512a01ad4986f9f6cfd0c1f1

Is that possible?

• Like! 1

Hey there. I'm pretty sure the menu logo is located at pak\data\outgame\Sacred2-logo.tga

Wardust changed it back to the standard Ice and Blood logo in his texture mod and I think that's the logo file he used.

Aw, I like the Blood Forest background! Then again, that's the only one I've ever seen. That waterfall background looks pretty great too. No clue how to change it though.

• Like! 1

Thank you, I could not find it because it was compressed into a rar.

mmm it is a pity that we can’t rollback the original art, the blood Forest is too bloody to me, I prefer the original ambience, but never mind if I cannot change it, what really bothered me was that... funny, CM logo each time I started the game, jha!

Sorry, forgot to say it's in skin.zip. Go to data/outgame and look for the tga file.

Then just make a folder directory in 'pak' with the structure I described in my previous post.

• Like! 1

Yes, that is how I managed to solve it, now every time I start Sacred that... funny logo doesn't kill me any more. And this folder also has the new gold color of the buttons, this doesn't bothers but it is good to know it.

Oh haha I realize now that you figured it out before I made that last post.

There are some aesthetics of the CM Patch I wanted to change as well. For one, I really liked the Ice and Blood ornate blue frames and UI over the gold frames of the CM Patch/Fallen Angel. However, I wanted to keep the black window backgrounds over the blue ones, while making them less transparent...so I edited the files myself and came up with a design I really like:

Fu9m5rK.jpg

n0IqqNw.jpg

• Like! 1