New Pasta sauce: Goat cheese Alfredo...

wolfie2kX

Sometimes, I amaze myself with some of the stuff I come up with in the kitchen.

Case in point. The local supermarket had some goat cheese crumbles in the mark down bin. So I got a couple of them.

I got to thinking this might make a good sauce for pasta - and it DOES!

Here's what goes into it...

1 lb package of fettuccini or linguini (your choice) cooked per directions

4 oz tubs of goat cheese crumbles x3

1 pint Half and Half

6 cloves garlic, crushed

2 jalapeno, seeded, deveined and chopped into small bits

2 Tbs parmesan cheese, grated (optional)

4 oz mushrooms, cleaned and sliced

2 heaping Tbs of sour cream

1 Tbs of Sriracha sauce (optional)

salt and pepper to taste.

2 Tbs olive oil

Cook the pasta per package directions and set it aside.

In a large skillet, put the olive oil in and heat it up. Add in the mushrooms and sauté them a few mins on high heat to get them cooked.

Turn the heat off. Add the garlic and stir well. Add in the goat cheese crumbles and the half and half. Stir well. Turn the heat back on - to the lowest possible setting on your stove. Allow the goat cheese to melt into the half and half. Continue to stir as the cheese blends into the sauce. Add the parmesan cheese and sour cream into the sauce and blend with a spoon. Add the Sriracha sauce and stir well.

With a spoon, taste the sauce as it is and adjust the seasoning with salt and/or pepper.

Once the sauce is ready, drop in the chopped jalapeno bits and stir them in. You want them mostly raw to give you a bit of a crunch...

Important note: This sauce gets a bit thick and dry when you mix the pasta in with it and it cools off. It's best to keep them separate until you're ready to eat. The pasta absorbs the moisture from the sauce - which is mostly a good thing. The pasta absorbs the flavor as well.

Additions:

You can add meat into the dish or serve it on the side.

Welcome options include bacon bits. Chop 1/2 pound bacon into small bits, fry until cooked, then remove the bacon bits. Drain excess bacon fat and leave about 2 Tbs on the bottom of the pan to keep things from sticking. Prepare sauce as above, adding the bacon bits back in at the end along with the jalapenos.

Meatballs: Either store bought or home made. Prepare them as you like.

Chicken: cut chicken breast(s) into bite sized pieces. Remove from heat, prepare the sauce as above, add the chicken in at the end. Do not overcook chicken unless you happen to like rubbery stuff.

Cheese and Fish do not normally go well together, so fish and seafood is not recommended.

• Like! 1

Sheep cheese with pine seeds, rucola field salade, dusted dried tomatos, pepper, thistle oil and preferred bear garlic (normal if not the season), and spaghetti, yummy.

My last Nudel/noodle/pasta recipe was like: take 50(FIFTY) pounds spaghetti,... and heat the Gulaschkanone. Gulaschkanone, goulash canon, is century old german army slang for a field kitchen. At prussian army the field canon and the field kitchen shared same chassis and the long chimney looked like a gun barrel from the distance.

Was for our local village soccer club , last games this year before winter. Sadly the recipe for the goulash sauce with spaghetti only tastes real good if cooked in such large amounts.

Love the goat cheese as an ingredient. Imaginative and daring.

Looks like you pulled it off...remember next time to take a pic so we can salivate over it!

:)

gogo

Meh.. Not much point to it.. You seen one white creamy cheese sauce on pasta, you've pretty much seen them all.

BUT.. If you must have visuals.. It looks a lot like this:

post-14586-0-25826100-1384784289.jpg

Sheep cheese with pine seeds, rucola field salade, dusted dried tomatos, pepper, thistle oil and preferred bear garlic (normal if not the season), and spaghetti, yummy.

My last Nudel/noodle/pasta recipe was like: take 50(FIFTY) pounds spaghetti,... and heat the Gulaschkanone. Gulaschkanone, goulash canon, is century old german army slang for a field kitchen. At prussian army the field canon and the field kitchen shared same chassis and the long chimney looked like a gun barrel from the distance.

Was for our local village soccer club , last games this year before winter. Sadly the recipe for the goulash sauce with spaghetti only tastes real good if cooked in such large amounts.

Sounds sort of like the pesto sauce I make..

Basil leaf (fresh), sun dried tomatos, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil and garlic (the regular variety) and parmesan cheese...

Blitz in a blender or food processor and serve over hot pasta.. YUM..

Tho, I suppose sheep cheese (Romano) would be a good substitute for the parmesan.

Thank you!

And I think the black olives was a great idea. Olives for me has been a recent addition to my lineup for eats. Few years back someone pointed out that they'd be great in spaghetti sauce. Just by looking at your pic, I can build the flavor profile in my mouth.

I hereby pronounce it delicious!

:)

gogo