Need a little help with item modifiers...

I ran across this thread (from way back in May, 2010), downloaded Jimbouk's item editor (Post #22), and started playing around with it a little bit, testing to see if I could get it to work for me and what kinds of mischief I could get up to with it.

While I was trying it out I realised that were a couple of unique weapons in the game that still aren't available for download here yet, so I figured that I would try my hand at fixing that small little oversight.

So I tossed some random 1 handed sword into my shared chest, fired up the editor and went to work.

After spending a couple hours with it I managed to create copies of Bringer of Light (in all 4 color variations) at levels 1, 10, 20, 30 ,40 50, etc.. (every 10 levels on up to level 250) that were set to have been picked up at the appropriate difficulty levels for them and organized their locations in the chest so that they would be super easy to pick through once they were put into anyone else's chest.

I was just about to call that one done and go to work at making some copies of Power of Nif when I realised that the stats for Bringer seemed off for some reason...

After reviewing the wiki I saw what was wrong right away.

According to the wiki Bringer of Light should have the following item modifiers:

Chance to relfect: Combat arms

Chance to disregard armor

Casting Speed.

The ones I made somehow ended up with a completely different set of modifiers attached to them though:

(At higher levels almost every saber has)

Life Leech Per Hit

Chance to inflict serious open wounds

(At mid range levels some have the modifiers above, some have the following)

XP per kill

Chance to fear opponents away

(At low levels things get a bit muddier. Everything already listed above seems to have a chance to show up on the ones here, but there are also some that have)

Attack Speed

Chance for Critical Hits

And Combat Values.

One of the sabers (just one) in this group also had a modifier to lower opponent attack values.

I'm attaching what I've got so far here so that you all can see what I'm talking about.

Bringer of Light.rar

Every single last one of the sabers I made has the chance to disregard armor like it should, but I'm completely stumped about how all those other mods got on the things and why the other 2 modifiers that they should have (Chance to reflect and Castiing Speed) are missing.

So the quesstion I have here is how would I go about fixing these lightsabers so that they will accurately reflect what the wiki says they are supposed to have?

If anyone could explain to me how to fix them I'd really appreciate it.

Edited by Killibot 5000

Well, just reading the info on the Bringer of Light page, the yellow bonus is random, and the blue bonus only appears at higher levels.

I haven't used the item editor myself, due to users reporting that the resulting bonuses weren't what was intended. But assuming the editor uses the same bonus values as blueprint.txt, you could check the blueprint for Bringer of Light and copy the values over. If you did that already, then maybe the values are a random bonusgroup.

Huh, somehow I missed that part about the yellow line being random.

Thanks for pointing it out. Can't believe I missed something like that. :Just_Cuz_21:

Wasn't aware of the discrepencies with the editor though.

I'll go rooting for that blueprint file and double check it to make sure it's got the correct values.

Okay, after banging my head (figuratively) agaiinst a wall for a few hours I have to conceed to defeat on this one.

I've got no clue how I'm supposed to enter any info from blueprint.txt into the file editor.

Pretty much the only options I'm finding with that thing are loading/saving the shared chest files, changing the item id and model numbers, setting the item's level and difficulty level, and importing/exporting individual items to and from the chest files.

Anything beyond that seems to be quite a bit outside my current grasp of how these things work.

meh.

Well if anyone wants cheap knock off versions of the lightsaber they're in first post.

Kinda like like when you get home with a new TV and realise it says Magnetbox instead of Magnavox or Somy instead of Sony. lol

Well, I'm looking at the editor now, and no, it doesn't look like there's anything like that.

But what might work is starting with a copy of Bringer of Light to begin with, rather than a random one-handed sword. That way you can just make copies of it, adjusting only the levels. That way you won't have to worry about adding the right bonuses.

That is a good point.

I had just noticed that you're allowed to swap out item id numbers and the models with that thing so I figured it might be an easy way to do a little in game alchemy. Lead into gold and all that rot. lol

No biggie.

On an another note, still concerning item modifiers, is there a list even a partial one) somewhere that describes what thier equivalent codes are in blueprint.txt?

Like:

x = 0256

d = 9937

Anything along those lines floating around anywhere? o.O?