Best Battle mage spell for Dragons and Anducar?

Hi, I tried a firespiral/purgatory battle mage. I was wondering if there is a better magic to kill dragons. The fire dragon is particularly hard. And Anducar seems unbeatable to me without spam dying.

I have room for some magic other than fire magic for these bad butt bosses.

My Battle Mage beat them with Fire Spiral and Fireball. I cast Ghost Meadow+Reiki in a combo (may not be feasible at lower levels), and I also cast Stone Skin and Fire Skin on my self right before the battle. If Fire Spiral regen is low enough, you should be able to just completely fill the room with it and run, run, run around, pelting them with Fireballs when you have decent distance between you and them.

I have a modifier on my equipment, that's like life leech, can't recall the exact name, but it works on spells in S1, so all those Fire Spirals doing massive DPS leech out enough life and keep me from dying.

• Like! 1

How much leach did you use? (If you remember). I used 12% on my character. I had/have bargaining so I could add more.

Do you know what damage type those spikes that are summoned do?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I forgot to ever answer back!

I've got Each Hit Draws Life From Opponents 19%. 10% is coming from Blackstaff's Belt and the other 9% is from two of Solwemyr's Rings.

No clue about those spikes.

Probably, but frankly I've only made this one Battle Mage and it seems like there's nothing he can't do with the 6 CA's mentioned above.

IIRC Ice Shards and Gust of Wind BM's are extremely popular power-builds.

• Like! 1

For a fire mage, there is not. Other than that, it depends on how you play. I was plowing through all bosses by moving fast, always keeping behind their backs at quite close range and spamming Gust of Wind at these very backs. They always need to turn to face you in order to perform their attacks and CAs and with enough movement speed I was able to relocate my character while dragons were performing their attack animations. Then hitting them with GoW again. While bosses can not be knocked back, they can sometimes be stunned. And generally GoW does wonders when used from close range against such larger than life opponents. But that's entirely different playstyle as it requires you to keep close to your opponent, not exactly at melee range, but closer than fire mages ever need to get. And to be effective with GoW you need to build and gear up for it from the start. It's not a spell that is strong and effective from the very beginning. Plus, without Air Magic it can be hard to keep it both strong and spammable.

I also know people who really liked Meteor Storm and had it hitting very hard, as with big opponents there is a great chance to hit with many rocks. However, I never was able to get a hold of its randomness.

• Like! 1