Patches for Sacred 2 Gold?

Hi I'm new to the forums here. I loved playing Sacred 2 on ps3 so I recently purchased Sacred 2 Gold for PC on eBay from the UK. I wanted to play it with Ice and Blood and the steam version would take days to download on my horrible internet lol.

I was wondering if once it arrives will I need to download any patches? I've read about a 2.40 patch on here. Any help is appreciated!

The installation process described on the wiki page is for the original Fallen Angel, but it's similar for I&B and Gold. Only now, when Sacred 2 is not a new game anymore, it's better to ignore the recommendation for downloading newer video drivers - these new versions are attuned to the most recent games and sometimes make performance of the older ones only worse.

As for the patches - original I&B is version 2.64. The last official version is 2.65.2, and there are two patches that need to be installed to update the game to this version. They can be downloaded from the "Downloads" section here on DarkMatters. As for the Sacred 2 Gold, its version may vary. When I installed downloadable version of UK Sacred 2 Gold, its loading screen told me that the version is 2.64, so I installed the patches. But maybe the hard copy comes in a patched state already - it's best to check the game's loading screen for that info.

Also, it's recommended (even by Deep Silver managers) to install the Community Patch after the official ones because it fixes a number of issues that were left in the game after Ascaron went bankrupt. This patch can also be downloaded from DarkMatters. Note that it can be installed only over 2.65.2.

Thank you guys that helped out a lot. I'll be sure to install those when the game arrives. I can't wait. It's gonna be a long few weeks till it gets here from the UK!

Welcome! It might actually pretty simple for you. My Sacred 2 Gold DVD's were already updated to version 2.65.1. So you may not really have to do anything except activate the game and install the Community Patch. I don't think I ever installed 2.65.2, which was just a tiny hotfix having to do with a chatbox or something, and I'm running the game w/ CM Patch just fine.

You should install the Community Items Mod after the CM Patch as well. We're working on integrating the mod into the next CM Patch version, but for now it's a separate mod you can install on top of the CM Patch. It fills in a lot of gaps with weapons and armor sets, and unlocks some items that were intended for use by the developers but weren't completed.

I don't think I ever installed 2.65.2, which was just a tiny hotfix having to do with a chatbox or something, and I'm running the game w/ CM Patch just fine.

It's true that the last patch is small, but it still might be better to have the game fully patched. 2.65.2 might not be essential for people who only play singleplayer, but for those who plan on running a multiplayer party in real or virtual LAN, it's better to have it. There are enough people on this forum whose characters fell victim to "death by chatbox" due to the faulty behavior of the said interface element in 2.65.1, so it's better to be safe than sorry.

• Like! 1

Yeah I'll just install them both to be safe. No big deal. Does it tell you where to put the patches in your folders or do they go there automatically? I noticed some might need some type of enabler

Edited by Rawhead