Official Favorite Phobia Thread!

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

What makes you blanch?

What makes you absolutely shudder just THINKING about it?

What can make you turn tail, run and just plain shut you down?

Well...for me it's...*Sigh*...

spiders

Man...I just can't get over these creepy crawly liddul thingies. Seriously...it's like a HUGE phobia of mine that has seemed to grow longer legs and sharper teeth with every year.

Movie got a spider in it?

Sorry...gotta do the laundry.

Book with a spider on the cover?

Oops, hahah...sorry never got around to reading it...er...busy cleaning my room you see...

Insectariums?

OH sorry...I've got this really huge stomach ache...I think I have to stay home and tend it...

Yeah yeah..I"ve heard it all...I"m like HUNDREDS of times bigger than them...I can squash one just by stepping on it...blah blah blah.

Spiders are from hell and I just want em all to die!

lol, phobias like this I know for some people can trap and make them just sweat at the idea of of even HEARING about stuff that seems to just know when our defences are down...and then pounce!

So...care to venture forth a few of your phobias?

Maybe yours don't...bite?

;)

gogo

First, ghosts. I get scared whenever I feel there may be a supernatural entity nearby, and that is often.

Second, fish. I've seen some very scary fish at the aquarium in Montreal. I can't bear to think they could be near me in their own element, so I never swim in a lake.

Personally? Presenting.

Can't stand it. I had to do one at uni in the third year & it was soooooooooooooooo painful.

*shudder*

Maybe not a phobia per se, but definitely top of my list of things to avoid. Even higher up than work.

Moths...OMG...those...things...*shudder* I can't type the word ...those horrible hairy bodies and fluttery wings....I've spent a loong time at festivals and outdoor events...and guess what was the bane of my life at night...oh yes those ^^ things...I can run the 1 minute mile at the sight of one of those bloody things ..... though the best feeling is when they finally fly woosh bash right into a big fat candle...then I shudder again 'cos they pop and sizzle!

The other one right up there with the flying hairy creatures of death is those Daddy Long Legs...you know they walk and fly all at the same time...big long thin wings....ewwwww OMG I have goose bumps thinking about them...it's just not right...something wants to fly towards me...fine...I'll run depending on what it is...but DO NOT EVER fly and walk all at the same time towards me.

Ok I have to stop thinking about them...all I can say is yayy for bats...swoop down little bats and EAT EM UP!!

On a much lesser scale is rabbits...I hate them...they hop all over and they can bite!!...they are all jumpy and horrible...I was attacked by a white killah bunny when I was really young and I have never forgotten it. I don't mind seeing wild rabbits...they are fine...they are supposed to sit at the side of the motorway and look slightly cute. But those big fat white caged ones...eww no thanks...bitey nasty things....

haha Thanks GoGo it's almost aversion therapy...except I'm now scanning the ceiling for horrible walky flying hairy stupid things hahahaha

:rambo:

hahah more like...Ruuuuuuuuuun eeeeeeeeekkkkk

I hate spiders!! When I was young I was suddenly awakened by a spider crawling on my cheek and since then whenever possible I kill them on sight.

I also hate snakes!! Especially the big one's.

Guest gogoblender

wow, isn't it so interesting how so many peeps have so many varied phobias? lol, llama I would NEVER have guessed you'd have an aversion to presentations with all your postings here!

And lucalain...fish? Wow...actually though I DO have a HUGE aversion to sharks. I used to snorkle off the coast of Sri Lanka with my parents and I was deathly afraid of anything that moved underwater once after I'd seen a shark! lol, everyone said it was tiny...but ...hey it's a shark man...and I"ve seen all the shark movies! :P

Erialc that is one hyterical post dudette! lol, rabbits? wowah! heh, you'd totally hate the phone company's new ad campaign these days...it's got rabbits all over it! And what about that killer rabbit scene from MOnty Python...that's like total brit...omg you can't watch that scene? :shocked:

heh...spiders though...spiders are just...wrong

wrong!

lol, jun...let's send em all ta hell!

:diablo:

gogo

Ok this might sound weird....

But I hate chewing gum, bubblegum, blu-tac etc

Just thinking about sticky stuff like that makes me feel sick.... :x

I dont know why tho...

Aurora

lol, llama I would NEVER have guessed you'd have an aversion to presentations with all your postings here!

I don't mind writing presentations. Actually giving them is a whole different kettle of fish...

heh, aurora nice one...

lol, you'd love it in Singapoore...

did you know that gum there is practically illegal?

gogo

Yep I reckon it should be illegal EVERYWHERE! :)

Aurora

Guest gogoblender

hey guys!

lol, bef...that phobia is actually one of jonny x from clan DA's favorite words!

And I just love trying to fit the word sesquipdedalian in my every day vocab...

:P

gogo

I did spell it right

I think my copy and paste is broken or sumthin

:whistle:

gogo

Uh huh... You weren't using the copy-&-paste-while-introducing-a-few-errors-at-the-same-time function were you?

:rolleyes: :P

maybe its sounds silly, but im afraid of darknes, especially, when you are going from dark place (like basement) to light and leaving behind you all those night creatures. then I just want to run as fast as I can (too bad that I cant run too fast - im smoking too much)