General Questions about Sacred 2

YAY! I am now playing Sacred 2 on my Friends laptop.

Here are my questions:

1.) On what settings can we see those slash effects when attacking. I started playing the game at full settings and when my seraphim strikes with her sword, a white beam/effect comes off. Like the one in Sacred 1 when you do the Attack combat art. Then When I turned the settings to low, it stopped happening.

2.) Can you smack your enemy when in BFG mode?

3.) Why doesnt the combo allow same combat arts? When I was level 1 I was able to put two CAs on the combo slot. But cannot put two of the same CA in one combo.

4.) How can I reduce the resolution to 800x600 or lower? I play with 1024x768 and it doesnt look that good. Is there a settings files like in Sacred UW? Does it affect FPS?

5.) Can someone give me a guide on what the Settings actually change? Especially the Graphics part? or is there a page already for that?

6.) is there ways to increase FPS? It plays great on i3 , intel HD4400 but more FPS the better

I am enjoying it but not as much as Sacred 1. The UI is very confusing at times and I press every key on my keyboard just to open the inventory by luck lol

Thanks!

Edited by sEv_o8
  • Like! 1

Yes, lesser resolution increases your FPS.

Here is my good setup for a slow computer:

In Graphics options, set textures to minimum, turn off shadows completely, set all other sliders to medium.

If possible, set the render detail slider to high - this will make all lights bloom.

For future references, I recommend always running in FullScreen mode, turning off Vsync and extra unnecessary post processing.

• Like! 1

To find out what keys do what, From the main menu screen go to gameplay, and then to controls. This lets you reassign keys to different functions, but is also handy just to see the default layout. Most key assignments are logical, like C for character. But inventory is strangely assigned to the letter F, or some such. I changed mine to I. The I key was originally assigned to a combo, but I changed the combo to F..

Edited by CapnTucker
  • Like! 1

And for the two non-technical questions:

2) No, The Sacred 2 BFG is a ranged weapon through an through. Weapon combat arts used with a BFG will behave as with any other ranged weapon. The BFG is governed by the Ranged Weapons sklill and comes with a bonus to said skill that scales with the BFG's level. Therefore, if you plan on using BFG's you should get a single point in Ranged Weapons. Anyway BFG's are very strong.

3) Combos serve a different purpose in Sacred 2 than they did back in Sacred 1. Where the Sacred 1 combos were meant as big ultimate attacks to be used somewhat sparingly Sacred 2 combos is simply a means to execute different combat arts in rapid succession. This is particularly useful for a character like the Inquisitor whose combat arts are designed to synergize with each other (Such as a Clustering Maelstrom immediately followed by either a Ruthless Mutilation or a Levin Array).

Combos are governed by the skill Combat Discipline. If you have no points in Combat Discipline you can only put two Combat Arts into a combo. With points in Combat Discipline that number increased to three and if you take Combat Discipline to mastery level (75 points) you can put a whole four different combat arts into one combo (there is seldom any need for that though).

Another thing to keep in mind. It is possible to make a combo with only one combat art in it. This doesn't seem all that useful at first, but it will still get bonuses from Combat Discipline.

Edited by Little Faith