Humble Sacred 2 Gold modding

Hi all, great site. I have owned sacred, sacred gold and sacred 2 for some years. I was recently tempted into buying Sacred 2 Gold Edition download from the Humble Bundle site because it is or at least was on offer for $2.74 (just under £2) and after an initial hiccup where there was a problem with the 13GB .rar decomp. to around 5.5GB and of course not installing, it took a week or so for me to get them to admit the problem and replace it. I have at last got it on my system running fine. It was then when looking around for info on what difference and extra content I should expect from my Gold Edition I discovered your site and learnt about the possibility of modding this fine game.

Can anyone tell me if I can use your community mod on the gold version, also I have some saves from my retail disc version of sacred 2 Fallen Angel which appear to be available in this new download of the Gold version. Will the mod make these saves redundant.

Thank you.

Edit-forgot to mention, Don't know if it makes any difference, this humble edition of Sacred 2 Gold is DRM free.

Edited by rufusdufus
  • Like! 1

Hi all, great site. I have owned sacred, sacred gold and sacred 2 for some years. I was recently tempted into buying Sacred 2 Gold Edition download from the Humble Bundle site because it is or at least was on offer for $2.74 (just under £2) and after an initial hiccup where there was a problem with the 13GB .rar decomp. to around 5.5GB and of course not installing, it took a week or so for me to get them to admit the problem and replace it. I have at last got it on my system running fine. It was then when looking around for info on what difference and extra content I should expect from my Gold Edition I discovered your site and learnt about the possibility of modding this fine game.

Can anyone tell me if I can use your community mod on the gold version, also I have some saves from my retail disc version of sacred 2 Fallen Angel which appear to be available in this new download of the Gold version. Will the mod make these saves redundant.

Thank you.

Edit-forgot to mention, Don't know if it makes any difference, this humble edition of Sacred 2 Gold is DRM free.

Glad you picked up our favorite game Paul, have fun with the modding, and welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

To me, "Sacred 2 Gold" would imply that it comes with Ice and Blood. I have a DRM-free copy from GOG.com. It installed with all the necessary patches, and the CM Patch installed just fine.

I would tend to agree. However, the Sacred Gold package I have came as a 2 part installer - one for the basic Fallen Angel, the other for Ice and Blood - and the patches weren't included... Not entirely sure how it's distributed these days. Hence the long winded description..

• Like! 1