Champions only spawn in dungeons

Deluxo

Hi, I'm new in this forum and my english ist not the best, but I hope, you can understand my questions. :blush:

Is there an opportunity, that champions only can spawn in dungeons? On the normal map, there only must be normal monsters and in dungeons, I want to have a few of normal monsters and 2-3 champions. (similar like MMO)

My second question...

The champions must drop blue items and the Bosses only uniques and set items. How does the loot system works?

Does somebody know, how it works?

• Like! 1

Welcome to the forum. You can get set items and uniques from champions, bosses and quests (you can very rarely get them from chests too).

Bosses like the nameless guardians, forest guardians and dragons will give a higher chance for uniques, higher quality yellow items and even legendaries.

There is a small cave that has 4 champions orcs. They give good XP and item drops. Kill them fast, and they respawn when you enter again.

This will help

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/10049-a-guide-to-the-orc-cave-your-easy-way-to-a-ton-of-xp-and-drops/

These will help too although it is complicated.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/9422-sacred-2-item-drop-mechanics/

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/8951-best-leveling-place-in-all-of-sacred-2/

• Like! 1

Oh, thanks for the quick response.

The Orc Cave looks like the dungeons, I mean. But I want more of these dungeons. My problem is, that I can't find the data, where you can mod the loot color for champions and how I can see, that monsters spawns in a dungeon?

I know, I can change the CHAMP_STANDARD = 700 in balance.txt for a higher drop rate, but I want that champions only drop blue items and bosses the better uniques and set items.

And also I can't find the info, where the monsters spawn in creatures.txt. In a forum I have read, that "z" shows the dungeons but I'm not sure.

I had spend hours and hours, to search for these both little things, and I found...nothing. And now I hope, someone can explain me the way. :bow:

Welcome to the forum. You can get set items and uniques from champions, bosses and quests (you can very rarely get them from chests too).

Bosses like the nameless guardians, forest guardians and dragons will give a higher chance for uniques, higher quality yellow items and even legendaries.

There is a small cave that has 4 champions orcs. They give good XP and item drops. Kill them fast, and they respawn when you enter again.

This will help

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/10049-a-guide-to-the-orc-cave-your-easy-way-to-a-ton-of-xp-and-drops/

These will help too although it is complicated.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/9422-sacred-2-item-drop-mechanics/

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/8951-best-leveling-place-in-all-of-sacred-2/

Helpful links

Thanks for the detailed answer Augmint!

:)

gogo

Hi, I'm new in this forum and my english ist not the best, but I hope, you can understand my questions. :blush:

Is there an opportunity, that champions only can spawn in dungeons? On the normal map, there only must be normal monsters and in dungeons, I want to have a few of normal monsters and 2-3 champions. (similar like MMO)

My second question...

The champions must drop blue items and the Bosses only uniques and set items. How does the loot system works?

Does somebody know, how it works?

Happy to see you here Deluxo, I'm hoping that one of the modders will be able to help you with that more specific question about changing item drops.

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

Oh, thanks for the quick response.

The Orc Cave looks like the dungeons, I mean. But I want more of these dungeons. My problem is, that I can't find the data, where you can mod the loot color for champions and how I can see, that monsters spawns in a dungeon?

I know, I can change the CHAMP_STANDARD = 700 in balance.txt for a higher drop rate, but I want that champions only drop blue items and bosses the better uniques and set items.

And also I can't find the info, where the monsters spawn in creatures.txt. In a forum I have read, that "z" shows the dungeons but I'm not sure.

I had spend hours and hours, to search for these both little things, and I found...nothing. And now I hope, someone can explain me the way. :bow:

Drop rates in Sacred 2 are more fluid than champions ONLY dropping magic items, bosses ONLY dropping uniques and sets, etc. The chance to receive better items certainly moves up the stronger the enemy, but there's no guaranteed drops. You can increase the overall drop rate of certain item tiers, or as you noticed, improve drops for champions and bosses in balance.txt, but there's no way to have finer control over it to make enemy types drop exclusively one item tier.

If you want to remove all champions from the overworld and mostly fill dungeons with champions, that can be done by editing spawn.txt. But honestly it would take a lot of work and I don't think it would be worth the effort to do it. You'd have to do is go into each overworld spawn entry and delete or replace the champions, then replace all the dungeon spawn creature entries with champions.

When you look at a spawn entry, the first line lets you know if it's a dungeon:

mgr.addSpawn (26,20,-1,{ -- Legion Melee Normal Backgroundspawn

The third number is 0, it's overworld, if it's -1, it's a dungeon, if it's -2 it's a deeper dungeon level.

The first number of each line is a creature ID based on creatures.txt:

{157,2,"",0,0,2,0},

{159,5,"",0,0,1,0},

{151,1,"",0,0,1,0},

{159,5,"",0,0,0,0},

{158,2,"",0,0,0,0},

{159,5,"",0,0,3,0},

You can look in creatures.txt for the creature ID, then look at the line "monstertype = x," if the number is 0 it's normal mob, if it's 1 it is a champion. So for dungeons you'd delete the normal mobs and for the overworld you'd delete the champions. A better idea might be to replace the normal/champion mobs with their champion/normal counterparts.

You can try it with Moonpaw's Spawn Editor though I can't remember if it discerns between the overworld and dungeons. I think it just edits by sector.

• Like! 1