Food ideas for gamers...no fuss stuff;)

erialc

There are those times when I just can't be bothered with messing around with lots of cooking. At this time of year for me...(it's cold) I want something nourishing and that will maybe last a couple of days;)

This is my 'bits and bobs' all in the oven recipe...and I use the term recipe very loosely! I also never weigh anything so quanties I'm afraid I'll have to leave up to you if you try this.

Stewing steak or chunks of beef....Marniade over night in Guinness, pepper & salt

(you don't have to do this marinading..and can add the guinness later when you put it in the oven....just tastes better if you do;))

Drain off the Guinness and juices and keep it to one side. Then dip the meat in seasoned flour...salt n pepper, paprika...anything you like to add to it really just to spice it up a bit. Brown the meat in a pan with onions and garlic and some herbs n spices and put in a cassarole dish with diced up veggies...(of your choice)...potatoes are yummy but so is lots of rice. Then pour over the juices from before with some stock and squirt of tomatoe puree is nice too.

Leave it too cook for as long as possible in a covered dish and taste often :drool:

just before it's finished cooking say about 30 -45 mins I sometimes throw in a couple of tins of chick peas...mmmm.

The flour from the browned meat should have help to have made a nice thick gravy and viola...there it is bits n bobs in a dish that should last for a couple of days...ofc you can keep adding to it....a tin of chopped tomatoes etc.

My Thai Green Carrot and Parsnip Soup

Boil up lots of carrots and parsnips in a pan and drain.....mush up with a blender whilst it's hot put back in the pan and add a great big huge blob of Thai curry paste (I like it hot), add some mushed garlic salt n pepper. Simmer very slowly on low heat with a tin or 2 of coconut milk for the liquid. After an hour covered over a low low heat it should be all ready to eat. I love this soup really really thick served with crusty fresh bread. Another one that will last a couple days and it's sooo simple to make ;)

Guest gogoblender

Excellent thread Eralc!

and...I AM going to have a go at yer recipe this weekend!

You know, lately I've been looking for stuff to make in the oven and in mass quantity cuz it's easier on the gaming :P

I"m looking foward to creating your little recipe and I"m dying to tell you guys how it turned out.

Actually...I think there's more than enuff interest here at this forum to warrranttthe creation of a food section.

soo....

As per your wishes Madame....

Poof...

We present....

The Dark Kitchen!

enjoy!

:)

gogo

Japanese / Brown curry:

You'll need a small package of Japanese curry (Glico is the most common brand), either mild, medium or hot variety, chicken or beef, potatoes, onions and carrots. Just follow the directions on the package by cooking up the meat, boiling the veggies, finally adding the curry and removing from heat. You can keep this stuff in the fridge for a week and it just gets better and better.

Guest gogoblender

haha...I like that part about leaving it in the fridge and it gets better and better :P

That japanese curry thing sounds intriguing dude...where can I buy that...at any general grocery store?

Thanks!

gogo

Yeah its a really great type of curry. It depends on where you live, the bigger the city the better chance you have of finding some. Large grocery stores or asian groceries are your best bet. I get mine at an asian convenience store across the street. Stews are great "no hassle food" because they're supposed to be left in the fridge hah

Guest gogoblender

heh...has everyone forgotten about that most amazing gamer food?

And takes only thirty seconds to make?

the phone call that is.

:devil:

Pizza Delivery!

Mine with bacon, fresh tomatoes and onions please!

:drool:

gogo

p.s heh, I'd forgotten how much fun it is to work with pre-made sauces like curries indian and thai. This is on my list of groceries today!

• 4 weeks later...

Beer!

ooh, and peanuts!

Recipe:

1. Chill Pilsner Glass for at least one hour in the freezer

2. Open Beer

3. Pour Beer into Pilsner glass (tilting glass at 45 degrees and ceremoniously reducing the tilt until a fine head of Beer forms in the glass.)

4. Open Peanut container

5. Pour peanuts into a finger-friendly cup

6. Serve Beer and peanuts on a tray

7. Enjoy, while raiding

8. Repeat several times for the full effect or until you type the wrong coords

ps. the salt from from the peanuts can obstruct mouse operation, so alway serve with a half a paper towel to reduce the abrasive salt.

pps. do not try this at work

QUOTE (Celebrimbor @ Mar 5 2006, 10:41 PM)

pps. do not try this at work 

unless you are working in beer factory/brewery

ROFL...and theres nothing worse than a salty mouse :P

Guest gogoblender

ew

lol, I think I'll pass on the mouse and go fer the beer...

Celebrimbor style!

gogo

p.s. *wonders how cool it would be to work in a beer factory...all those fumes! :devil: *

Mmmmn beer.....YUM!

Well the other day Inc and I were telling some of you guys about our mutant (they were massive) bbq'd chicken breasts....

Here is the very basic recipe....

Put a couple (or how ever many) of chicken breasts (they dont have to be mutant sized btw) in a bowl. Cover in soy sauce....Add a couple of crushed cloves of garlic, ginger, tablespoon of honey and some finely chopped chilli (lots if u r chilli mad like us) mix well so chicken breasts are covered in all the goodies...

The longer you leave them to marinade the better!!

Then chuck them on the bbq or in a fry pan for about ten minutes and bobs your uncle....

Yummy spicy chicken breasts!!

I recommend serving them with a big salad (Caesar or Greek salad is awesome!)

Sometimes I cut the chicken breasts up into bite size peices and toss them thru the salad- mmmnnnn SO GOOD!

Goes well with dry white wine or whateva drink takes you're fancy....

I am getting hungry just writing about it :drool:

Aurora

Guest gogoblender

wow

Aurora you make it sound so delicious and so yummy all at the same time.

How long would you say it takes for a perfect marination if we have the time...four or five hours? Also, where do you marinate the stuff. In the fridge or on the counter at room temp.

Thanks!

gogo

I am sooooooo hungry now!

More recipes Please Aurora :D

After talking to you and Inc about chilli's on my shopping list I found lots of different jars of chilli's in my basket wooot! Now I have to make use of them :D

One of my all time favourite chilli recipes is Chilli Avocado Dip.

It is easy to make, easy to eat and especially perfect for eating while at the computer ;)

Ingredients

4 chopped chillies (more or less depending on how much you love chilli)

250g/8oz cream cheese

1 or 2 cloves of garlic, minced

2 avocadoes

Mix all the ingredients together and serve with some crackers or corn chips

YUM!

Aurora

Guest gogoblender

hahah, I've never bought an avocado before! lol, they're huge favorites of my parents though. they like to hollow out the inside, fill it all up with caesar salad dressing and then eat it all up like a salad!

Aurora yer dip sounds incredible...and much more fun than a plain bag of bbq chips.

Will tell ya how this one goes!

gogo

I boiled some eggs the other day

bring water to ebulition

Boil eggs

chat on computer, play ogame, go back 10 min later for the eggs

Take off the egg shells

add some salt and pepper

go back to ogame and play some more

Fun and Easy :D

Ladies and gentlemen today I will teach you not so hard to make some meal. It will be done around 45 minutes (not what I am writing, meal you are cooking).

There is no name for this food. Use something for yourself for next generations. It is one of my friend's clasic creation. Ingredients mainly chicken and corn.

First thing not to forget while cooking, to keep the lid closed prety much all the time. Otherwise you will make a big mess around. Open it only when you need to stir. Stir it as much as you can for cooking even.

Take one (or two) piece of chicken breast and start boiling. After it is cooked cut into smaller pieces. While you are doing it try to don't burn your hands.

Put little bit of oil in pan and start frying chicken pieces till they get good color on them. Fry it as much as you want. I like frying a lot.

When chickens are done add 1 can of corn (don't forget to drain extra water out from it).

Add any kind of spices you want. I used salt, black pepper, little bit of rep pepper, curry, thyme, etc.

Add 2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce.

Mix it very good and let it stay on the low heat for a few minutes.

While it is on the low heat, take 2 good size tomatoes and grate them finely. Add 1-2 tablespoon of tomato paste in to it. Add little bit of water if needed. Make sure disolve the paste in the tomato juice nicely.

Add this mixture in to the pan.

Cook it till all water will dissapear. If you like more liquid you can stop it any time and start eating but good to wait a little extra time.

Then enjoy your meal.

I like to eat this with rice. You don't have to but it is realy nice side dish with it.

Don't forget to open some beer from the fridge and invite fairy to join you.

Here is the picture taken by my friend. It looks really great, isn't it? :drool:

Also thanks for my friend for his share and receipe

Yummy!

Guest gogoblender

yaras what a cool sounding!

dude, I'll definitely try that this weekend!

hkboi's coming over ta bring stuff so me, him and schot will all give it a go!

Actually...lol ,I'll get hkboi ta cook it fer us!

*mwooohahah*

:devil:

gogo

I'm coming too then GoGo...some nice home cooking is just the thing fer me :D.....Nice one Yarasa...but can I pick out those little evil yellow things?...sorry I have a lifelong loathing of corn hehehe although I could sit with GoGo and the lads and annoyingly pick out all the corn...other than that it sounds yummy:D

Muwahahahahaha

Aurora...The moyo dressing thingy I make is a bit Random...but I'll try to remember what I put in it...it's a bit of a 'whats to hand' dressing.....

Mayo ;)

White Wine Vinegar

Chilli flakes..I found some stuff called Piri Piri Seasoning and thats sooo yummy in mayo (lots unless fresh chillis then lots of them chopped up into tiny bits)

crushed garlic

loads of salt n pepper

Paprika ( I am addicted to parprika :shocked: )

A squeeze of lime of lemon juice...(I like it sharp)

A few spring onions....

Thats about it really....I love it poured all over fresh raw veggies and parma ham in chunks not those feeble slices you can buy.

lol pretty much you can add anything thats to hand...I like mine sharp and hot yum :D