Steak!!!

erialc

Ok last night after a lot of driving I made some steaks!

Oh how I love my steak dripping with blood and covered in garlic salt n peper and a few herbs and olive oil

So with my steak I was thinking mmmmm it's late I really can't be bothered with making some fancy accompanyment so I diced up some potatoes into small cubes and laced them with diced onions tons of pepper, salt, some tuscan style herbs olive oil white wine...did I mention garlic and slowly fried it all up into a kind of soft cubed potatoe thingy!

then I took some stone baked bread lobbed it in the oven to crisp up then rubbed more raw garlic over it and drizzled it with more olive oil and salt, the kind that DG recommended to me a malvern salt big cruncy flakes of it and voila dinner was served...and if I say so myself it was rather yummy!

For me if it has a barely detectable pulse it's almost over cooked *droolz*

So how do you like yours?...rare medium or cremated? And whats your favorite way of cooking a hunk of the old yummy :cha (18):

I like it well done. See how happy he is :cha (18): . They don't like to be eaten when they still alive :4rofl:

I love thyme too much with my beef. Addition of little salt will done it for me. Simple is that.

But to be honest, I don't mind how to marinade to meat at all, as long as it is well done cooked. I will enjoy it any how. I am a meet lover.

You know for me meat is a wonder...for almost 7 years I was almost, well verging on Vegan! :cha (18): I just hate that mass produced FECAL MATTER!e they sell us so I stoppped eating it, then went away all the by products! but never once during my meat free days could I say I didn't like meat .....I love it I am a hardcore meat lover!

But I don't like how it is treated, raised and over produced! so I just stopped eating it...at that time organic was sooo expensive and not so easy to get hold of...and ofc I was lazy and partying to hard to care to go bother about sourcing it.

Then one fateful night after all those years I came out of a night club rather the worse for ware and I bought a kebab! OMG it tasted sooo good.( all full of god knows what FECAL MATTER!e) The texture, the bite, that meat feeling, damn but I was sooo sick the next day....there I had been living on soya and tofu and stuff! then to make matters worse we had a party and my house mate made bacon butties for the entire house, we had heaps of ppl staying over....and well I couldn't stop myself my mouth watered! I swear I really drooled! that piggy had to be eaten with lashings of mustard!

and that really was my demise!

From that day I just ate, drank everything I fanicied I hadn't realised how much my body had beem crying out for everything I had denied it! and I didn't struggle ever during the years I didn't eat the stuff, I just didn't eat meat! But how strange it was to find that I still loved meat so now where ever possible and budget allowing ofc I'll buy organic locally produced meats. I love nothing better than finding out how long it has been hung for how it was reared where it came from etc

And boy how different it tastes from that crap to be found in the supermarkets! All prepared with no heritage!

So now I say bring on the :4rofl: the pig the duck the waterever...it's my food chain and I love it ! but before I love it I want to know the producer also loved it and treat it with respect but erm I am a bit crap and I will spout my meaty morals but the kebab van after a great gig will pretty much always lure me!

And erm I am sorry for my huge ramble hehehe

:blush:;):drool:

I like my steaks medium Rare, though I'll eat anything cooked better than blue.

A little pink and blood is good, but I don't want it gummy; the proteins have to denature enough that the meat is properly striated.

Spices... hmm, basically what Claire said sounds fantastic. I like a meaty tasting steak, with a little seasoning. However, if a lower quality meat, I'll accept more thorough spicing... and I generally love a lot of spice :cha (18):

Claire, I want to come over and eat that meal :4rofl:

Guest gogoblender

hahah, food prepared with no heritage...lol, claire you got a big fat laugh outta me fer that one.

Steak?

I love it, any which way cooked. When I was jsut starting out to cook with steaks I remebmer the crazy things I would try out and sauces galore.

You guys know how much I like sauces right? :4rofl:

Like Ankh stated above, if the cut is decent I can eat it right offa the cow. And if it's a touch on the more challenging side, marinading is key.

A good friend of mine gave me a good hint when buying a good chunk of meat. Stick it in a plastic bag as soon as you get home from the grocery store then stick marinade in it, seal it up and stick it in the fridge.

Voila

The next day, perfectly tasting meat right out of the bag with the heritage of your own fridge :4rofl:

Yarasa, marinades are easy (ever checked out my snip n' squirt spaghetti sauce thread? :3lmao:) They're usually just a mix of any kind of oil and any kind of vinegar. Any kind of vinegary sauce breaks down the tougher connective tissues in a steak and makes em melt in yer mouth. The oil gets em all even more plumper and juicers.

Red wine is a great marinade.

And in a pinch, just open the fridge door and check out yer salad dressings.

Italian works nicely cuz it's so plain.

Ahh, steak...so expensive...but so good.

There's a restaurant here in montreal called the Queue de Chevalle (HOrse's tail) They hang and let air dry all their meat.

And when yer ordering they show up at yer table with the raw cut of meat you'll be eating stylishly presented upon a polished silver tray fer yer inspection.

They have service there polished to a religion and their adds strangely enough make this joint look like some kind of church with peeps involved in some kind of beef worshipping religion;)

Course..it's pricey

And the baked potato on the side, of course, is extra.

Five dollars more maybe per spud ? ;)

I think I'll stick to home cooking when it comes to beef.

Certainly cheaper

:4rofl:

gogo

Tbh I'd go with Ankh on this. Anything other than blue is great, but there has to be some blood!! I'm an omnivore, thus I need a bit of blood from time to time :4rofl:

No sauces for me I like mine as god intended, with chips (fries for you forgein types) and a nice crisp, fresh side salad with a garlic mayo dip :4rofl:

I'm with Ank & Rik ('cept the salad) on this.

There's a nice restaurant called The Firestation just down the road from Waterloo station & they used to do the best steak ever. Onglet Steak on a bed of nice chunky chips (which would soak up all the juices)

Damnit I want some now!

;)

And as for kebabs, when I was at uni in Birmingham, there was a curry takeaway/delivery place called Balti Fayre, they used to do a kebab with donna, tikka chicken, chips (curried, naturally), chuck in some salad, some chilli sauce, lemon sauce & a bit of mayo to round it out. Then wrap it up in the softest Naan (plate-sized) you've ever had. Oh & a few onion bhajis.

They knew us by voice, what our order was & our address, so all we'd have to do was phone up, say hello & there'd be ~2-3 kebabs on their way...

:BlobRed:

I don't think they're there anymore...

Oh man, I'm dyin' here after reading this thread :4rofl: It's dinner time and all I've got is leftover pizza and all I want is a big bloody steak with some nice thick crusty bread to sop up the juices with! I like mine dark pink and dripping, prepared with nothing more than garlic butter and salt - and even that's only on occasion. Usually I just eat it with some lovely finishing salt at the time it's served (erialc, you have to try the Australian Murray River Pink Flake salt, IMO it's much better than the Scottish stuff for using at the time the dish is eaten).

AWWWW man now im hungggy. I want mine medium-(enough blood to drip out when you stick a fork in it-but not like im jack the ripper) and a nice big loaded baked potato with cheddar cheese bacon bits and sour cream mmmmm. O and maybe a nice bernaise sauce for that steak...OR...some gorgonzola crumbles. O why did I have to see this thread? My ham and cheese sammy and pear seems to pale in comparison. :4rofl:

Yep nothing better than a big bloody steak :D

:3lmao::bow::)

I like mine medium rare but will eat it anyway it comes!

I like t-bones best cos you have all that tender meat and when your done you can chew on the bone and get all those last little tasty morsels :blush: (of course only if you're at home, I would never do that in a resturant :3lmao: )

As for kebabs - there is nothing better after a few (or many) drinks....Chicken kebab with chilli and garlic sauce :drool:

Great thread Claire :D

Ahh steak and Vino Gogo the very staples of life!

Out of interest whats everyones favorite types of steak? Mine has to be that big hairy fellow the Aberdeen Angus....yummy! He's sooo tasty! (my mate Liz swears by Argentinian beef, which is delicious). I hear you Aur about the T Bone...hehe nothing finer than chewing the juicy bone after (at home) :3lmao:

Other steaks I love (not cow) have to vension wooo hooo! sooo tasty and a nice veal steak! Damn I am sooo hungry! and I just read Aurs great post about Aur's Curry!

*raids fridge*