Homemade Liquor

gintukas

Edited by gogoblender: lol, this topic was too good to be left behind in another thread so I splitted it off and put the seed of another thread here. Enjoy the liquor...And...Gintukas when do we get to try some!

im not cooking too much lately, so im using some coffee pot ( works any pot (dont like coffee makers) and sometimes im cooking some liquer (works any big enough pot to make few gallons of liquer). thats all my cooking :)

Oooh That sounds yummy Gintukas! If you are not using Vodka what do you use and how long do you boil it all up for?

there is link to recipy of krupnikas. just it should be drinked not warm, but room temperature. and you can change amount of ingradients (im making always diferent) - using that recipy just for general idea

http://drink.allrecipes.com/az/68122.asp

or

http://www.ladybridget.com/m/krup.html

or just google krupnikas

Guest gogoblender

wow

guys, lol, this is such a genius thread!

haha, I've NEVER seen a ...stillling thread in a forum before!

yee haw!

Cthulhu yer gonna have ta tell us how gintukas's recipe works out!

And Gintukas...lol, you should make a recipe book or something!

+++@Gintukas

:)

gogo

Guest gogoblender

too busy with ogame?

Ahhh...that's what I like to hear...

to Ogame then!

Woot!

:)

gogo

p.s. but...if you DO have any time leftover....booze recipes sound good Gintukas!

:D

thanks for link - will need to try that potcheen sometime.

you could use it (if it is tastless, because otherwise it can make diferent flavor for liqueur). and if you can try to find pyre alcochol (96.6 % of alcochol). in some countries you can by it easy, I dont know how it is in yours.

I prefer 96.6, because if you will make from vodka, it wount be strong enough, and with all that sugar I dont know how it will taste, but you can try:)

Ahh tasteless I'm not sure it's a bit like fire water to me but thinking of it with all that hunny and stuff it could be really nice...I'll have to go liberate that bottle get them there herbs n sices and I'll let you know how it turns out.

For me Potcheen on it's own is really quite vile!...lol...In Ireland when we were kids it was used for everything and given to us in hot milk...lol...I thought it was all the fresh air that made us sleep so well too!

'Ahh you have a bitofa cold there...here drink this....ahh you havea tooth ache...here drink this...ahh now you'll not sleep without ya milk...drink this...'

hehehe

thats funny, so thats why all these irish are crazy (I have one classmate, she is (I mean her family) from irelan, and she is proud of that and she is one of those not forgetable people ( in good way))

Here we have a traditional drink made out of plums called Tuica. The drink is a pearlescent yellow, 45-55% alcohol brandy. It is usually served before meals as shots.

However an alternative way is boiling it.

Ingredients:

1 L of tuica

100 g of sugar

5 g of peppercorn

Items needed:

Covered pot

Wet towel

You add the ingredients into the pot, cover it and start heating it untill the drink reaches boiling point (which is 78 C for alcohol). The pot must remain covered at all time otherwise the strong alcohol vapors will ignite in contact with the heating source. Should this ever happen the wet towel will come in handy. :P

The drink is served in cups (about the same size as coffee ones) while still hot.

Good luck in finding a similar plum brandy though. :P

@Claire Lets see, the first one contains honey, so don't know if it would work, maybe if you don't add sugar.

As for the second one, lol, all the drinks on that page contain synthetic colorants. Though the drink (Slivovitz/Sljivovica) would work.

Most east-european and balkan plum brandies would work as long as they don't contain any extra ingredients. Yeah, our region just loves plum-made alcoholic drinks. :P