Where do you live? One picture please!

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

Yep

that's it

oftentimes when I'm looking at others's posts...I wonder what where they are looks like.

It's a curiosity that is oftentimes inspired by the distance that the internet traverses in the blink of an eye and that with lightning speed and heart bring communities together.

So hunt up a pic and post it if you can. I live in montreal and right now the word that would describe this city is...grey. We have snow piled on banks all dirtied by cars, exhaust and pollution. We're waitng for a snowfall to rub that wonderfully magical white eraser all over everything and once again cover everything in that sparking white snow that makes everything look so pretty.

HEre's my pic.

http://jigsaw.w3.org/Yves/Canada/Montreal-1.jpg

I think it perfectly sums up the huge amount of balconies we have in this area. The snow. The cars. Everything.

We're just sitting here waiting for a fresh snowfall...or the glorious rays of sun!.

I'm curious as well as anxioius to see what you've all chosen as that one picture that you think sums up what you think, feel or see that summarizes your local geography.

Have fun with this thread!

:)

gogo

Excellent Thread GoGo...and looks really sweet those are lovely buildings :D

Now to find one of Sheffield....hmm hard one...it's built on 7 hills it's a very green City but one with a great history of Industry....hmmm to find a piccy.....

6116eba56f93755b57eb93e394f9583c.th.jpg

Thats a place about a five minute walk into the city centre...bustling long road tons of pubs n shops.also leads off to a couple of great parks..probably not a great pic of the city but I like it;)

Wow, one picture to describe my city. :unsure: That is near to impossible. My city has way too many influences to be included in one picture. If I were to generalize them, the biggest influences would be french and communist ones. I really don't have a clue on how to sum everything up. Here's a picture anyway (yeah, I cheated on it :P ) that shows some of the aspects of my city.

bucuresti5hm.th.jpg

P.s. I live in Bucharest, Romania, in case someone around here didn't knew that already. ;)

@gogo Can't we post more pics? :P

Guest gogoblender

hahah, indy...yeah it's tuff...but heres a way to make it easier.

Just find a pic that connects to where you live about the way it looks right now.

See...montreal has GREAT summer pics...but it's winter now...so I hunted down that pic because it's mood is SO aptly good at conveying exactly how the city looks right now.

So...to helpe everyone else out...try to find a pic that shows where you live and showing us all how it looks right now...at this moment.

Good luck!

gogo

p.s. Indy has put this thread in anothe way which summarizes it perfectly.

What do YOU see out your window?

Guest gogoblender

oooh, llama oooh....suburbia.....

:yawn:

heh...kiddin

It's gonna be awesome fer you when you guys have yer kid

yay!

btw, is it gonna be a boi or goil?

and cthulhu...baaaaaad boi...you fergot yer pic you!

:P

gogo

Ayup Cthulhu...yup the city on the hills...I have heard plenty of em yes;) Great filum though! One of the best cities in the UK I reckon;)....just came back just over a year or so ago after 10 years...obviously I came back to visit but ahhh nice to have that feeling of being home.

And I shall now away from this thread as I could bang on about Sheffield for ages! hehehe....

*runs off to find the faerie in the bar;)*

And yes where's yer piccy! lol

Good Luck with the move Llama:)

Guest gogoblender

Great pic cthulhu!

man, it's great livin above commercial enterprises huh...fun!

Bet yer close ta lots of bars and stuff...is it a problem hittin the sack early?

and what, no snow?

:o

heh, we jsut had a pretty big blizzard here yesterday...so all that grey and dinge that I mentionned above in my first post in this thread has just been all whisked away. We're bein buffetted now by huge howling, freezing cold winds. lol, I can see peeps walking backwards!

gogo

No snow right now, but its freezing! I live almost right above a pub, and a 5 minute walk from George Street, which is one of the most famous bar lined streets in the world :D It gets a bit noisy some weekends though :(

Get some pictures of people walking backwards! Those crazy french canadians...

Guest gogoblender

haha, yeah we are crazy!

lol, who else would be so nuts as ta put cheese on top of french fries then pour gravy on top!

go Poutine!

gogo

heh, p.s. I'll see if I can grab a snap of those peeps walkin bacwards...where's that cam...

oooh, llama oooh....suburbia.....

:yawn:

heh...kiddin

It's gonna be awesome fer you when you guys have yer kid

yay!

btw, is it gonna be a boi or goil?

gogo

Jealous...

Nice house, nice garden, nice out-buildings in garden, nice (well, posh. I think) area of Surrey...

No idea, when we went for the 20 week scan (the last on of the free ones the NHS do) he/she was keeping his/her legs closed.

No idea where he/she got that trait from...

Guest gogoblender

hahha, sign her up here as a member when she's born and use the ultra sound as an avatar...

SO COOOooooooooL!

lol, the coolest avatar on the net!

:D

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Oh GoGo I know you said just one post and one pic...but I had to share my view with you....The cash is in the bar :innocent: When you first made this thread it was grey and horrible and dull that kind of light that makes you feel sleepy and lethargic and now yayyyyy the sun is high in the sky and there's light lovely energising light.

So you can hit me with your admin stick for this but here's ma view taken only about half an hour ago from one of the bedroom windows

a4316f4617533bb31e5ed93ea68e8a47.th.jpg

Runs away fast lol

Guest gogoblender

hahah, all good erialc!

lol, you've made yer post work...this new pic you've got up now is a great representation of how where you are connects to the way you fellright now...so...no admin stick fer you! :P

Nicely done dudette!

gogo

Guest gogoblender

hoo hooo!

nice one Cass...

lol, pic number three looks like a beer and saussage hall to me!

yumma!

Cthulhu...lol, you'd love this place I think...beer, beer, beer!

gogo

hoo hooo!

nice one Cass...

lol, pic number three looks like a beer and saussage hall to me!

yumma!

Cthulhu...lol, you'd love this place I think...beer, beer, beer!

gogo

Funny, looks like 2 people rowing to me...

*shrugs*