Pork chop gravy

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

yay...the pork chops you helped me out with last night turned out great Erialc!

And...the interesting thing is...I have all this yummy juice, gravy and clotted fat all left over (kinda waxy)

what do I do with that all?

Chuck it out?

Keep it?

Can I keep it for a while?

Make soup or someting out of it?

anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

:)

gogo

p.s.wow...pork chops are SO cheap...I never knew how inexpensive they are! gimme more piggies!

Ahh GoGo you give me the biggest of grins!

If you want to keep it for a while for a stock base for a gravy you could just freeze it...if its cold and the fat has seperated and come to the top and it looks like theres too much you could just take a bit off.

But why not make a big old pan of stew and chuck it all in.

You know what we used have when we were really little...and it's just the stuff you have there all cold and waiting for somewhere to go!

It was called 'mucky dripping on toast' the jelly browny gravy bit was mixed with a tiny bit of the fat and put on thick toasted bread...simple eh?...hehe with a bit of salt sprinkled on top!

Ohh I remember it well and as unhealthy and disgusting to some as it may sound I assure you it was lovely!

Guest gogoblender

oooh, erialc thank you!

it sounds absolutely unhealthy, bad for the heart and wonderfully delicous...all at the same time!

lol, can I tell you a secret?

I've been dipping some bread (and fingers ) in that stuff fer hours now!

Mucky, huh

lol, well...guess I just learned a new word.

and got some new ideas!

Yer idea fer the stew sounds great!

Should I jsut pick up a big chunk of meat?

I guess it can be cheap and tuff cuz teh gravy's really gonna soften it right?

gogo

Yup a big old piece of beef and chop it up and chuck it in with some veggies! and ofc yer lovely mucky dripping!....I read a long time ago about cooking a stew and adding vodka...but you know I haven't found it since...hehe maybe I just dreamt it;)

Guest gogoblender

Guess what...last night I was looking for stuff to marinate the chops in. So I looked throught the refrigerator and saw bottles and bottles (yeah im a bachelor) and bottles and bottles of condiments.

So....

I found THREE old bottles of leftover olives ad though...wow...aren't these olives packed in vinegar? Doesn't vinegar also soften and marinate meat? So I chucked the entire contents olives and all into the marinting mix with the chops.

A few hours later....I just threw the entire mess into the pot....ovened it like you told me...

et voila!

Pork chops oliveira a la Erialca!

gogo

Guest gogoblender

heh...erialc when it comes to gravy...I'll pretty much just hunt down whatever's left over in the fridge...

And boy lemme tell ya...there's a few surprises!

:P

gogo

• 2 months later...

hey gogo-

not to be a bummer- but there is a study about sauce that can cause sickness-

u see the sauce is the sum of all the ingredients inside plus all the bad/healthy stuff-

look at the obese people in USA and PfK- they keep dipping the fat chicken in gravy- resulting in high cholesterol!

YIKES!