Anyone seen Blood Diamond yet?

I did. It is not a bad movie. Story goes as usually expected (politically) but good scenes and easy story line to follow. Not highly recommended movie but ...

You got the point :whistle:

ooh, such an exciting review there yarasa...

:rolleyes:

heh,anyway, I'll give it a looksey today and get back to you. I just tracked some reviews on it and it doesn't look too cheesy/cheap.

Maybe good fer a snack

:whistle:

gogo

woah, this is a very long movie...two hours? lol, it's been a while since I've sat down for something that long. And the first fifteen minutes kept me in my place, with jaw open, eyes open in shock and completely enthralled. Guess you could say I liked the movie? Ultra violent, ruthless and gory. This movie is a recounted history and it's a real whallop if you never knew about any of this kind of stuff before. The Conflict Diamonds story is something that came out of left field and bit me for the whole two hours as I watched this movie. It has scenes that remind me of those from God of War with Nicholas Nolte. Another eye opener if , like me, none of this stuff is known. This movie is expensive, glossy, polished and was tremendously interesting for me.

This gets a gogo reccomendation from me

:yay:

gogo

actually , yeah..I'll go as far as saying that it's as good as you said it is Surf. Wow, where'd they get all the money to shoot this film too?

And yer right...good comment about DiCaprio...for me...this is the first film that he's done that I've ever bought into.

L'il Feller's growin up.

gogo

Wow, where'd they get all the money to shoot this film too?

Conflict Diamonds :yay:

And yer right...good comment about DiCaprio...for me...this is the first film that he's done that I've ever bought into.

L'il Feller's growin up.

gogo

Ahh, Hello The Departed; The Aviator; Catch Me If You Can; Gangs of New York! he was bad in all of them Gogo or did you miss them all. But he has grown up knows how to pick a good movie the last 4-5 years

hmmm, I"ve seen a lot of those movies and..dunno, I don't know if he was "bad" or not...it's just I don't think I connect with this kind of acting.

Dunno...something about him really makes me not be convinced by most roles he plays.

SPOILER HERE...

His death scene at the end of Blood Diamond fascinated me. I've never seen his face have that kind of a look before. He's doing something he's never done before and I was wondering how he was able to do it. I think someone or something in his life "coached" a new way of him expressing things.

And for the first time ever with him...I bought it.

gogo

allrighty then... kat you've convinced me to see this one as well, lol

allright surfy and I..off to the aviator it is

I will report back shortly

:)

gogo

• 1 year later...

Ohh I've seen that movie too! Though I've seen it first and last a year ago so I don't remember much of it, but I know it was VERY touching!

An other good one I say.