Maximum physical damage Duel wield vs Two-handed

Hi folks. Good afternoon. 

I have a doubt regarding dual weild vs two handed weapons. Searching Sacred 2 videos on youtube led me to see a lot of builds who use dual weild attribute. So the question immediatelly popped up in my mind.

Is the theorical maximum dual weild physical damage greater than the best theorical two handed physical damage?

I am thinking maybe there is something in the calculation that increases the damage dealt when dual wielding. But I have not tested this.

What do you guys think?

In my opinion it's hard to say as it depends on more factors than just the weapons themselves, but if you take into account how some weapon animations are faster in terms of execution speed than others, and namely one-handed weapons' animations being generally faster than two-handed ones at the same attack speed, then I'd say that dual-wielding gets the prize. Another thing is, each of the two dual-wielded weapons will have their effects proccing, so imagine that you have two one-handed weapons that can cause Life Leech, as opposed to one two-handed weapon with that effect. On top of the base physical damage plus the elemental damage of socketed damage converters you can also have twice as much LL damage, which by the game's mechanics can't be resisted. But if you have LL per hit on those two weapons and %LL on the two-handed one then the tip of scale can turn to the later. It really depends on what weapons you carry and what modifiers they have.

Tl;dr - Dual-wielding generally wins, but there can be exceptions depending on several different aspects, namely modifiers on the weapons and animation attack speed. Hope this helps.

• Thanks! 1