Length of gameplay and item drop rate

Hello folks. So in my game I have played for a little more than 24 hours and I am at the middle of the main story ( I think ). Something happened  that caught my attention and I was not expecting. I got a staff that has 4 sockets. Until that point I had never seen that, and I am at the Silver difficulty, I still did not unblock other difficulties. So brought some question to my mind:

- How much time does it take an usual playthrough to finish the main story for you?

- Is there more things that still did not show up? Like items with even more sockets or so? Or Items in general that are only available in other difficulties

- Is there any other mechanic that will change in harder difficulties?

And one last question, I know I am stretching it, but bear me on this one. Once I finish this gameplay I would like to share the character  with you on this site. My question is, what should I share from the saves? I can see more than one file. Actually it seems it has one file for character (which makes sense) but also it has other files that I assume might contain "story" data or so.

What's the right way to upload a character?

Thank you all in advance!

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, soymatiasbarrios said:

Hello folks. So in my game I have played for a little more than 24 hours and I am at the middle of the main story ( I think ). Something happened  that caught my attention and I was not expecting. I got a staff that has 4 sockets. Until that point I had never seen that, and I am at the Silver difficulty, I still did not unblock other difficulties. So brought some question to my mind:

- How much time does it take an usual playthrough to finish the main story for you?

- Is there more things that still did not show up? Like items with even more sockets or so? Or Items in general that are only available in other difficulties

- Is there any other mechanic that will change in harder difficulties?

And one last question, I know I am stretching it, but bear me on this one. Once I finish this gameplay I would like to share the character  with you on this site. My question is, what should I share from the saves? I can see more than one file. Actually it seems it has one file for character (which makes sense) but also it has other files that I assume might contain "story" data or so.

What's the right way to upload a character?

Thank you all in advance!

Love reading that you're getting thrilled as well by how much this game offers as you keep playing..its unbelievable value for a stand up!

Regarding sharing your characters I've actually put a few up of my own as well... you can upload yours here where the community has shared their builds and cool items as well

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/files/

Keep enjoying Ancaria!

:)

gogo

• Thanks! 1
1 hour ago, RetsReds said:

Hi, Matias.

- I don't pay much attention to the time but I usually finish silver ~level 50, gold ~75, and platinum ~100-110. But it depends on the character, sometimes I'll rush to niob, other times (with weaker builds) I'll stay in gold till later. My current SW is level 109 at the end of platinum and has played for 5 days and 1 hour. That's with a lot of dilly dallying, however - you know, walking slowly around town, looking cool and stuff. :D 

- Mm, there are lots of weird and interesting mechanics in the game so I'd guess you still haven't seen everything, no. I have over 2,000 hours on Steam atm and I'm still occasionally surprised by something. Plus, you can add the Community Patch and you'll unlock a whole bunch of new cool stuff that's perfectly balanced with the vanilla game.

- Well, lots of items unlock new properties on higher difficulties. But the main difference is that platinum and niob are considerably harder than silver and gold. Silver and gold are almost like tutorial difficulties to the other two, especially if you're purposefully playing with a weird weak build.

- I haven't bothered sharing save files with people but it should be just the one file, yes. Or, you can just share a couple of screenshots, that's usually interesting enough. :) 

Great info Rets... its while I was reading your answer that i clicked into that feeling of how so much more and more is revealed in this game!

:dance2:

gogo

• Thanks! 1