Uncovering the map

Gintukas is it right that I can send say rowdy's out on a station mission to avoid combat and to also uncover the mp? I find the map part a bit unclear. (I don't have spies yet...hopefully by tomorrow or the day after)

I'm a bit worried about sending any out and them getting killed.

Maybe I am missing something here ;)

eek double posting...sorry...

I sent a little lone rowdy out earlier to not too far from me...although it took forever! it did indeed uncover some of the map. I just sent him on a station mission and because there was no building there he's on his way back:)....now I have another Rowdy out and about hoping to uncover some more of the map.

Update: They are both back and some more of the map is uncovered...hopefully by the end of tonight I'll be able to make spy's :)

yeap you can send any troop, just spies moves faster - if rowdy (or whatever his name is) will reach that place in 2 h, spy will run in 30min (still slow comparing with probes). and im sending with attack mission (dont know what station mission means)

heheh Thanks Gintukas...I've now got 5 spy's and I think their little legs must be very tired...they are constantly on the go uncovering the districts surrounding me and Aurora...but eek there are so many of them to uncover :o but I figured better to have them doing something and good to know who is playing nearish to us :D