the "find a good LHW for Gogo" thread

Hi :sick:

Hehe as the title says.

Here is my first offer:

GOGOLHW.jpg

Very nice! I always make use of a long handled weapon in my Seraphim equipment..though I do not have specialty builds :)

heheh, nice thread. Doin these compares is awesome, ty guys. The transistor...man, it's a tuff one to say no to. It's dripping with sweet def. I can see that pulling pressure off my having to socket def ammies and instead socket more damage. Those four sockets are a definite draw as well. The only thing I can see it not having is the crit I'm looking for built in that is. I'm using crit to power multiple damage outputs at once. Crit is great for doing this and that staff, while it has a GREAT strength mod (and I'm only putting points into strength actually) only mods damage outputted from weapon strikes.

Course, I wouln't say not to it if if offerred.

:sick:

gogo

Hi :)

Well having 4 socket is a great feature. Use 1 or 2 socket with crit jewelry and you are golden. You get the crit bonus AND the damage of the ring AND still 2 or 3 socket free.

(Hehe sell your soul for a Silasa ring which has +to all CA and Crit and phys damage. :sick: )

That 93% str damage bonus is much much more important than having 20 more crit point. Crit works like MF (sorta) so the Crit Value you have (lets say 50) is not 50% crit but only around ~20% (plus minus a few). So if you have a stable crit % its much more useful to raise the base damage. Hehe just my 2 cents :(

Cygnus, the serreish set does rock. I love it's leech. ^^

Csaszar, I actually have a true crit percentage running now at about fifty percent. Almost one in two hits of my rbol, cl and/or Light and mellee :devil: . The amount of damage I can do is making me happy, and this is not counting the weapon damage which also is affected.

My question is this...is that str mod on this weapon SO useful that it allows us to dismiss crit damage which mods all our damages?

This weapon has Huge mods...agreed...and it's four sockets is incredible. However, I have to balance this against my nice little Trident which has huge rsm, huge crit. I am getting big weapon blows plus big magic blows with it :D

With the resistor it would only be damage as effected by the weapon that would be modded by the strength bonus. At least half the resistors's damage is physical too. Do you find that it's damage is resisted a lot?

With my trident ALL my damage is modded whether from weapon or magic. Since I usually have a at least two damage spells running at once, I would hazard to say that crit, as a hybrod addition is a most compelling little mod and good competition for the resistor.

:P

gogo

p.s. love these sacred debates!

I would go with the univesal critical hit..it plays on the Seraphim strength of getting constant damage from multiple sources..typically Rotating Blades and Celestial Light and Weapon and combat Art...sometimes Light if you focusing on just undead..even plays into a massive over developed Lighting Bolts times 4 combo if you wish.

So far after trying out all the lhw's passed to me, the solweimnys's is giving me the fastest killing speeds. I'm going to expereiment with the transistor if I can get one and I want to go back to using the orla's cuz I want to do more vot runs. So far my build can handle ridge, but the vot and all that crazy magic resists...they just beg to be poisoned.

Csaszar, question...of your seras running through the vot...what kind of weps are they using?

:devil:

gogo

Hi :devil:

Gogo:

I didnt said that resistor is better than honor :D - just that this one is an awesom piece and could be used quite deadly.

Back to the crit:

If you have 50% crit then its obvious that you will come better to sacrafice some crit (lets say back to 45% - still a huge crit %) and getting increased base damage. Of course this applies only if you rely on melee.

When I made a hybrid chat I always choosed a part (magic or melee) which is a little stronger (more articulated) that the other. I never believed keeping balance with a hybrid. If you are "stronger" with melee than loosing a tiny bit crit but gaining a base damage upgrade is clearly the winning decision BUT if you have that spear in your hands to do something while RBOL and CL killing masses of enemies - so if you are heavier into magic then I would say that you dont need that damage upgrade.

The Sereish lance and any other Set Lance/spear (most unikqs too) missing something really important mod: defense. I saw rare lances with lotsa sockets mounting defense mods like +93% DEX to defense while still having decent damage. Now if we could find such a lance with 4 socket and a nice RSM and crit bonus on it...

The resistor actually has me intrigued cuz of it's amazing def. I'm wondering how many sockets that could save me and to be used for other stuff.

Or...hmmmm, now you got me goin lol...I could jsut drop def completely, widd the build and then take advantage of that extra socket

ooooooooooooo

gogo

p.s. it's a tricky line, your're right between balancing crit and base. I keep running tests to make sure I'm on the right side of the equation...long work ugh :D

So far after trying out all the lhw's passed to me, the solweimnys's is giving me the fastest killing speeds. I'm going to expereiment with the transistor if I can get one and I want to go back to using the orla's cuz I want to do more vot runs. So far my build can handle ridge, but the vot and all that crazy magic resists...they just beg to be poisoned.

gogo

That great :D I'm just glad more people are experiementing with variety :P My Seraphim.lacking speciality focus..tend to use almost any gear...My primary combat art tend to be multi-hit..and switching to a polearm really works well. She also stays with a P:olearm when she is in Combat Jump mode ..or Death from Above...nothing quite like spells blazing and a flying angel with a big stick!!

Hi :devil:

Actually I am offered that one for you weeks ago!

(Bad boy - you dont let others to help you :D lol)

Hehe its yours if you would like.

Cygnus:

LHW is really nice to throw too :P