IMPORTANT Notes regarding the signature /time stamp

Hey guys!

When we're publishing info on the wiki as fact for sacred wiki content, please be careful that our setting of leaving the sig/time stamp is in the off position. I had it turned on as well, a few days ago and all my contributions everywhere had my name on it. Yeah...imagine the word gogoblender all over the wiki .. :oooo:

As this is a wiki, authoring and sources of content are shown in history...rather than directly within or below the content itself as happens in forums. Credit and/or authoring for wikis is done by looking at the history tab which everyone can access at the top of all the pages and the record of this happens automatically. If you don't want to contribute something that will be considered part of the wiki's factual database but instead as a personal point of view, a personal point of view article can, as done in other wikis, be added at the bottom of a fact content page which forums the basis of the wiki. This can be done by adding a category link called SACRED GUIDES at the bottom of the wiki definitions/fcat page then creating a link to your own personal point of view article by typing in it's title below SACRED GUIDES.

An example here would be, for example, the Trading skill. I had written an essay on trading a while back in the sacred forum and which can be found here at DarkMatters, but I wouldn't consider that as part of the wiki's fact content/definitions base because it's not written in a proper wiki form.

I would then have two options here if I wanted to submit my trading article.

1-I could write a baseline trading definition which would be part of the wiki's base facts for sacred and then...at the bottom of the fact page on Trading add a new linkable title called SACRED GUIDES and then add a link to a new page with the title to my old essay in that new page.

That old essay would form a personal point of view article (a SACRED GUIDES) which would be in the wiki but NOT a part of the sacredwiki's facts database.

2-The other option I would also have (which I will probably do) is take all of the most important factual parts of my essay out, transform that into a factual/definitions oriented writeup of what Trading is and then leave it at that or, in addition to that, add SACRED GUIDES at the bottom of the page with a link to the original article in it's entirety...but only after the facts/definition of Trading was created.

Hope this helps

Have fun!

:woot:

gogo

• 1 year later...