New Easy Stage6 BBcode Added!

Well in light of Stage6's recently released update to their DivX Web Player which was released a week ago I thought it might be a good idea for me to review and update our Stage6 bbcode here at DarkMatters.

Today I've added a new [stage6] bbcode which will be a bit simpler and give stage6 submitters control over the size of their posted videos. If you'd like to use this new bbcode then here's how it's done:

While in full editing mode when creating a post or topic you can see a drop down list to the top left called "Insert Special Item". Click that and in the list you'll see the insert item at the bottom of the list called Stage6. After clicking that you'll have a popup box. The first thing the popup box asks for is "Option Text". As you can see their is a brief explanation of what you need to type(Although it isn't explaining it properly so disregard it for now, lol). So for example if your video has the dimensions 640 x 480 then what you'll need to type in that field is exactly width="640" height="480".

As for the second input field, "Content Text", all you need to enter there is the ID number of your video. For example I have a video on Stage6 and while I am viewing it on Stage6 the url is: "http://www.stage6.com/darkmatters/video/1877746/Sacred-2-Fallen-Angel-Water-Effects"

It is the red number in the url that is the ID number of the video. Once you enter your ID number and hit ok the resulting line of code will look like this:

[stage6="1877746"]width="640" height="480"[/stage6]

Keep in mind that the size of the video doesn't have to be identical to what the real size is. You can make your videos as small or as large as you like but keep in mind that aspect ratio is important to maintain so that your video will not distort. Oh and the maximum allowed width is 700 so that the forum skin is not stretched.

Cheers everyone and hope this helps some of you. :D