Universe 36

locutus

There was some discussion in other threads but I thought I'd put it out there for everyone. I gave into the incessant whinings of OMG Stuff and Master of the Nuts and joined last weekend. I believe Blade said he was there. Sure yer playing uni9 or 13 or what have you...but can you ever get enough o-crack. NO! If anyone wants to join this uni in its infant stage be sure to look us up-perhpas if we all last we can open up a new chapter in the history of D.a.r.k. greatness :yay:

I am ingame as Zadok. Werner, Firefly, Beowulf, Nish, The Dio, Melvin (Vintage), Shazim, Sagacious (uni 9 GO lol), Dicknail (moonshot ^^ ), and Mika Del Siro have joined me in 36 so far. (along with a few top players in other universes) I have noticed Yaga, OMGSTUFF, MoN, and you from D.a.r.k. so far. :agreed:

If you need any help, just message me. Cya around.

Edited by Blade

I have a uni 36 account which Yawg is looking after just now while my girlfriend's up. It was hovering around the top 200 when I passed it to him on Thursday, although ranks change like the weather that early on. I'm a little piffed that I can't compete with the people using officers and not sleeping at night.

I have a uni 36 account which Yawg is looking after just now while my girlfriend's up. It was hovering around the top 200 when I passed it to him on Thursday, although ranks change like the weather that early on. I'm a little piffed that I can't compete with the people using officers and not sleeping at night.

I'll give you a tip: The more probing you do, the better rank you will be. :) (I think you can figure out why this is ^^ )

I have a list of officers, I will take care of them later. The people who don't sleep at night will drop later on. Just be patient.

Luckily (or unluckily) I do temp work and I didn't work last week. This led of course to some pretty intense ogaming...which im ashamed of :) Regardless I learned from past uni's and saw that one has to quickly get mines going and some fleet asap. Course it helps being online often to prevent yerself from being farmed/raided. I started a few days after opening and im moving along steadily but I hope it's enough to quickly climb to top 100(ranked around 315 as I type this). I started uni9 on day 1- fresh off uni2 and uni4 but still somwehat noobish. The dynamics of a newly opened uni are fast paced and fresh I must say(I've almost forgotten how annoying it is waiting to build a freakin light fighter or research weapons tech 1). I hope im taking the right beginner steps again...or the first time as it were. Any pearls of wisdom?

Edited by locutus
I'll give you a tip: The more probing you do, the better rank you will be. :) (I think you can figure out why this is ^^ )

Well, I also had exams during the first week of the uni, so I didn't want to waste time raiding (although with my performance in the exams I may as well have). My account was passed to Yawg the day after my exams when my girlfriend came up, and I don't think he really has much time to raid just now either. I think I'll start getting serious with the account after Christmas.

I hope im taking the right beginner steps again...or the first time as it were. Any pearls of wisdom?

Building a few planets in your home ss can be helpful, field size does not matter. Just build crystal and deut mines there to help with colony ships. ^^ After that, get your 8 colonies (You can delete the small ones later to make mobiles), and have a few SC on each planet. Get up to about comp tech 6 and raid the inactive with small cargoes once you have impulse 5 at the update when they go (I) every day. Put all of these resources into mines. Using this strategy, you can spend only a few times each day and get into the top 10 easily after a month has passed in the uni. After that, you can continue building mines (and not drop out of the top 10), or you can go for a more aggressive strategy, but be sure you know how to fleet beforehand. :drunkards:

Even if you start u36 a month late getting to the top is not hard. You can build an account to about 20-25th place after one year by building only mines, and just enough defense to keep out overnight raids. Make sure you fleetsave every night, maybe even turn down res production a few notches. Being unprofitable is the most important thing in a new uni, everyone else wants to raid you. >_<

Sound advice-been along that track for the most part. I have to share my uni36 heartbreak though. As you know the 4-6 slots are coveted and are first filled by everyone. I sent out my first colony ship to a SLOT 4 that was 4 systems away. That coulda very well been a keeper for good-a close future graviton planet. How many fields? 43! FORTY THREE FIELDS! That is the worse outcome I have ever had in colony picking. In fact the odds of getting a slot 4 with less than 120 fields is 20%. Perhaps I should go play the lotto.

EDIT: new colony...193 fields in the same ss on a slot 9 WOO-HOO!

Edited by locutus

That isn't bad luck at all... I've colonized 9 times and gotten 8 planets far too small. Only one is a keeper. :) And if you want a close gravitron planet, put it in the same solar system as your other planet. If you are not going to spread out your raiding, you might as well have quick transport/ninja times between the colonies. ^^ I have gotten 5 4-6 slots under 120 fields already. :) It has really hurt my score, add in the fact that I have to work so much every day and have no time for raiding, and you can be sure I will struggle quite a bit in these next few weeks. Good luck everyone with planet sizes. =/