How do drop patterns work?

Hey, does someone know what dangerclass, inittype and expecttype mean in drop.txt droppatterns? Can't seem to make sense of those, so I'd appreciate if someone has already deciphered it and can teach me:smile:

EDIT: minquality is also a mystery to me, it does not seem to be what I thought it was, it does not set the minimum item tier of the droplist. I'm trying to increase the jewelry quality the combo master sells, I want that tier 9 jewelry can show up without requiring the trading skill. Decreasing the tier of the jewelry I want to show up in blueprint.txt's minconstraints is not an option. But setting the minquality of the forge droplist in the combo master's droppattern to 9 did not help.

Well, an awkward workaround was increasing "TraderOfferUpperRareBase = 7," in balance.txt from 7 to 9, indeed very rarely tier 9 jewelry can show up now, but the issue is that I only want the jewelry, not the armor and weapons, to have higher tier appearance.

• The title was changed to How do drop patterns work?
  • 4 weeks later...

A bit off-topic, but I can pretty safely say that Legendaries will not drop from anything that has dangerclass < 9. That means only bosses qualify. In all my playtime of Sacred 2, I've never seen a Legendary from a normal monster.

Elite Werewolves have the highest danger class among normal monsters (8 IIRC). They do seem to drop more uniques and sets, but no Legendaries.

Edited by idbeholdME