What level can the Nether Allegiance skeletons reach?

I can't remember whether I ever got so far, but my level 120 SW has it at CA level 97 and the skeletons level is 201. Then it hits me that the enemies are capped at level 225, I think? If that holds true for the skeletons, their value will decline rapidly, but I am not sure anmyore.

Anyone knows whether the skeleton level (not the CA level) is capped?

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 10:17 AM, Roderick said:

I can't remember whether I ever got so far, but my level 120 SW has it at CA level 97 and the skeletons level is 201. Then it hits me that the enemies are capped at level 225, I think? If that holds true for the skeletons, their value will decline rapidly, but I am not sure anmyore.

Anyone knows whether the skeleton level (not the CA level) is capped?

Hi Roderick!

Were you able to find helpful info for this?

:)

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

It is assumed that their top level is like that of the npc: 250.
Which would be unfortunate since the skeletons go strong right now for being 70 levels above the enemy. (Maxed CA level, astral focus on char level.) So as soon as they would hit that cap, they'll be "weaker" with every additional levelup.
But I haven't got the time playing it that far yet. ^^'

• Like! 1
On 4/12/2023 at 2:24 AM, gogoblender said:

Hi Roderick!

Were you able to find helpful info for this?

:)

gogo

It is assumed that their top level is like that of the npc: 250.
Which would be unfortunate since the skeletons go strong right now for being 70 levels above the enemy. (Maxed CA level, astral focus on char level.) So as soon as they would hit that cap, they'll be "weaker" with every additional levelup.
But I haven't got the time playing it that far yet. ^^'

Too high, is the answer. But realistically, it should be 252. Nothing in this game can be higher than that, so I'd assume it's the same here.

But I'd actually advise against levelling it too much. Once their level reaches the point where enemies start cowering in fear from them, their usefulness drops massively. Because the enemies will mostly start going after you and engage the summons a lot less.

Enemy aggro range against overlevelled targets is 1/5 of normal. So the soldiers have to get really close to have enemies attack them. If you, at any point, enter the normal aggro range before the soldiers get close enough, enemies will start beelining towards you and ignore the soldiers. At that point, enemies like Wisps, Dragons or the Eyes in Blood Forest will start dumping most of their spells into you again instead of the summons. Inquisitor's Doppelganger suffers the same.

My advice is to actually not pump that many runes into these summon CAs if you want to rely on them for defense/soaking damage and always keep it so the enemies do not fear them. So don't go past the enemy current level +~10%. Even offensively, it is preferrable for enemies to engage and not having to wait until the soldier limps his way to the enemy.

EDIT:

Don't take a shot every time I said enemy :P

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Thanks! 1

That is no concern. ;) My SW is pretty good in melee and the skeletons first and foremost job is to run to the ranged units when the SW is busy and second in areas like the dryade island, where those blue pesky wisps stun me oftenly, they do the killing as long as I am stunned/rooted or anything else.
But in order to do so and not breaking down at the first hit, they need as much level as they can. Works fine till "now" (level 130).

They are pretty tanky. I've only ever seen them get downed against bosses or if several enemies dump their hard hitting spells into a single one. And that is even without taking Spectral Shields (I went Sharp Blades - Commander - Elite Equipment). Either way, they just get revived after a short delay, so even if they get downed from time to time, it's worth it to not overlevel them to the "fear point". But I was playing a ranged Shadow Warrior, who was dealing the main chunk of damage, I ran the Nether Allegiance mostly for supplementary damage and mainly, to have some baits for enemy spells. Always makes me feel good when I see a Life Leech lightning, a homing fireball or a stun hit the soldiers instead of me. Could only make a build with 2 defensive skills thanks to that.

But yeah, if you rely on them for damage, then yes, pumping the CA is still a good idea as it's the only way to increase it. But defensively, they are 100% going to be more efficient when they can draw aggro normally.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Like! 1
12 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

They are pretty tanky. I've only ever seen them get downed against bosses or if several enemies dump their hard hitting spells into a single one. And that is even without taking Spectral Shields (I went Sharp Blades - Commander - Elite Equipment). Either way, they just get revived after a short delay, so even if they get downed from time to time, it's worth it to not overlevel them to the "fear point". But I was playing a ranged Shadow Warrior, who was dealing the main chunk of damage, I ran the Nether Allegiance mostly for supplementary damage and mainly, to have some baits for enemy spells. Always makes me feel good when I see a Life Leech lightning, a homing fireball or a stun hit the soldiers instead of me. Could only make a build with 2 defensive skills thanks to that.

But yeah, if you rely on them for damage, then yes, pumping the CA is still a good idea as it's the only way to increase it. But defensively, they are 100% going to be more efficient when they can draw aggro normally.

As far as I know, Spectral Shields grants them chance for evasion (defense value) while Elite Armor grants them resistances. So against magic atacks or a dragons fire breath, shields don't do anything. 

But yeah, having those skeletons around for distraction is always good, no matter whether melee or ranged SW. :)
In terms of aggro, I am playing with the superspawn mod. There is always someone going for them since not all enemies fit around the melee SW. xD

• Like! 1