2 missed attack from Pelting Strikes on Special mount / Seraphim

Alnoy

Hi, guys!
Using Pelting Strikes sitting on Tiger surprised me - when usually you make 6 strikes with dual weapon, mounted you make only 4. But it will be OK, if not only tiger makes animation of 2 more strikes.
In my opinion, idea was that there should be actually 6 hits, and 2 last of them must be doing by tiger, but looks like it was skipped for some reason.

Your thoughts? 
I think it will be nice if someone added those missing strikes to animation of tiger strikes.

Thank you :3

• Like! 1
On 4/14/2023 at 5:32 AM, Alnoy said:

Hi, guys!
Using Pelting Strikes sitting on Tiger surprised me - when usually you make 6 strikes with dual weapon, mounted you make only 4. But it will be OK, if not only tiger makes animation of 2 more strikes.
In my opinion, idea was that there should be actually 6 hits, and 2 last of them must be doing by tiger, but looks like it was skipped for some reason.

Your thoughts? 
I think it will be nice if someone added those missing strikes to animation of tiger strikes.

Thank you :3

Wish i could offer some more feedback but I didnt make so much use of Seraphim, however, could this change in the number of strikes be a reflection of a kind of re-balancing from tiger-top?

Also...welcome to the forums Alnoy!

:thumbsupsmiley:

gogo

• The title was changed to 2 missed attack from Pelting Strikes on Special mount / Seraphim

Indeed, the visual attacks the tiger does for Seraphim's CAs do not have actual hits defined for them. Polearm Pelting Strikes while mounted suffer the same problem. The tiger visually does a paw strike, but it does not count as a hit.

But it's pretty easy to change, if you want to. You just need to find the appropriate animation definition for the attack in animation.txt and add a couple more ATTACK occurrences with proper timings. Might require some testing until you hit the timing so it syncs with the animation, but it works. I adjusted the polearm animation this way.

If you need detailed instructions, I'll add them later today. Will fix this in my game too. Played a Seraphim without Dual Wielding so I missed that one.

EDIT:

Open the animation.txt file, located in Sacred 2 Gold\Scripts\client

The Seraphim animations are listed first, so you can just CTRL+F "ANIM_TYPE_RIDESM02-SPECIAL_ZW". It will probably look like this:

["entry279"] = 
        {
            ["name"] = "ANIM_TYPE_RIDESM02-SPECIAL_ZW",
            ["marker"] = 
            {
                ["ANIMSTART"] = 0.0000,
                ["SHOUT"] = 0.6000,
                ["ATTACK"] = 0.6400,
                ["ATTACK1"] = 1.1600,
                ["ATTACK2"] = 1.9200,
                ["ATTACK3"] = 2.3200,
                ["ANIMEND"] = 4.2800,
            },
        },

That is the mounted Pelting Strikes animation. All you need to do is add another ATTACK into the sequence. You can add however many you like with whatever timing you like. Just make sure to keep it within the ANIMSTART and ANIMEND times. Adding one more hit into the mounted Pelting Strikes can look like this:

["entry279"] = 
        {
            ["name"] = "ANIM_TYPE_RIDESM02-SPECIAL_ZW",
            ["marker"] = 
            {
                ["ANIMSTART"] = 0.0000,
                ["SHOUT"] = 0.6000,
                ["ATTACK"] = 0.6400,
                ["ATTACK1"] = 1.1600,
                ["ATTACK2"] = 1.9200,
                ["ATTACK3"] = 2.3200,
                ["ATTACK4"] = 3.3200,
                ["ANIMEND"] = 4.2800,
            },
        },

If you want more, just add ATTACK5 and so on. The numbers for each entry are when within the animation that action will occur. So just play with the timings of the ATTACKs you add until you find your sweet spot, that fits visually with the animation.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Thanks! 1