Community Patch - Quest "Flayed Souls"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've recently started enjoying the community patch and I've stumbled upon what had to be "Ancaria Airlines" but the quest's name is "Flayed Souls". It acts as it should but in the logbook the quest is described very differently.

Moreover, there seems to be no such quest added in the CM patch. I've looked in all the patch notes and there is no such quest. Also this weird quest is bugged because after all the teleportations finish (As in the Ancaria Airlines quest) there is a bugged text where the timers usually are, saying (Flayed Souls: 71582785:26). 2-min.png.80d080ec6c496ef39c983609ec1ee567.png

The quest giver of "Ancaria Airlines" gives this quest with the following description in the logbook. 

1-min.png.6aa83d0c2e22adff590cddf9c7b190e7.png            

The quest giver's location.

5-min.png.68040b532fa8d41dd5faaf1af602700c.png 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have another question regarding the starting Island. As the bugged "Ancaria Airlines" teleported me there, I saw a side quest there. The quest giver is a giant org named Boar but when I clicked it there was nothing, the question mark just disappeared. No quest in the logbook no quest anywhere. I wonder what that is about.

3-min.png.3cb58cd7f59a8dbb62ab097aa2e0eebb.png    <--------- The quest giver that gives no quest.   4-min.png.9957bc5277d5d8eff1ae984068d042f0.png  <---- His location

Edited by AnXiousZz
  • Like! 1

The patch notes call it "Shattered Souls". It was added in CM Patch. It takes place in the Blood Forest.

Funny, I've played both quests many times and never seen them mixed up.

What version of the CM Patch do you have?  Any other mods in play?

• Thanks! 1
8 hours ago, Flix said:

The patch notes call it "Shattered Souls". It was added in CM Patch. It takes place in the Blood Forest.

Funny, I've played both quests many times and never seen them mixed up.

What version of the CM Patch do you have?  Any other mods in play?

Sacred 2 Community Patch-16-1-60

That's what the archive name is. Is that the newest version? 

As for the mods.. I used to have purist fix pack but I removed it just before I started using CM.

Edited by AnXiousZz
On 11/14/2023 at 9:24 AM, AnXiousZz said:

Sacred 2 Community Patch-16-1-60

That's what the archive name is. Is that the newest version? 

As for the mods.. I used to have purist fix pack but I removed it just before I started using CM.

I made another character and tried both the quests again. Same thing, one doesn't do anything and the other is mixed with two different quests. Any suggestions for which cm patch version I should use?

I would personally recommend applying the Enhanced Edition on top of CM Patch 1.60. I picked up right where we left off with the Community Patch work in EE.

Alternatively you could use the Purist Fixpack (by itself, not combined with any other mods). This is strictly the fixes and is much more current (probably double the fixes) that CM Patch alone features.

My best guess as to the cause of your problem is possibly something with the locale files (the game texts).  Since the Airlines quest is functioning, the script seems ok. But the text that's in place is incorrect. Therefore there must be some of mismatch between the your scripts and your texts file.

• Thanks! 1