Fleet Database

It just occured to me that since everyone probes/phalanxes regularly that maybe you guys could pool your reports into a Player Fleet Database. I know that fleets change in number and such but I tend to think that even having most of a players fleet would prove useful.

Include D.a.r.k., Spawn and DaG in this project and you may find this project growing fast.

Just a thought. :)

Guest gogoblender

The benfits of something like this would be awesome

heh, I'm open to ideas on how to maintain a db as poweful and ever-changing as this though.

maybe a sum of top player's fleets and where we last saw em or soemthing?

:)

gogo

I imagine a secretary of intelligence would be required to do this. Clan members would then send their reports to the secretary and in turn the S.o.I., (Or maybe S.I. Code names baby, yeeeaaah!), would add the reports data to the master database.

I'm really hoping Inc will see this because my guess is that he's the best man for the job, or at least the best man to explain whats needed.

Some suggestions:

1. Start with phalanx data. Better to collect data for as long as possible incognito. Also phalanx will give the most complete results.

2. Without tipping anyone off as to the "mastah plan". Ask an outsider to do a probe for you once in a while. Someone you kindof know. You'll show up on the "universal" radar less this way so as not to provoke curiousity.

3. Depanding on the how often a clan member probes choose a regular update period. Maybe every week members will submit their reports to the S.I.?

4. Consider creating a S.I. Commander and a S.I. Leutenant if the work load is too great. Then, at the end of each period, members could send their reports to the Leutenant to be organized by putting all reports relating to a player together and then sending the organized reports to the Commander to be added to the Master Database.

This could also be applied to EACH clan involved so that each clan will have a Leutenant and a Commander. Once the clans have completed their Master Database they could then send the Masters to... Lets say the Mother Database and a Project Captain could be appointed to complete the proccess. This would certainly reduce workload even more and more importantly would allow more mates to get involved.

K, me brain hurts now. Dats it. For now. :D

Oh yah! And this would definitely improve your abilities in the head hunting business. And another thing...!

As Mother becomes more and more complete their may be a possibility to monitor a members fleet movements... If my guess is right then players in ogame generally create groups of fleets and will likely keep this group as is, maybe adding to a group but rarely dividing it up. With this in mind where one ship of a group will go/be the rest of that group is likely to be found... I think.

Ok, I'm babbling. I'm done now, haha. ;)

Ah now that sounds like a plan Schot :D

You have obviously have put a lot of thought into this....thanks heaps :hug[1]:

I will definetely alert Inc to this thread....he hasnt been around much lately cos he has a lot on his plate with Uni at the moment but I am sure he will be interested....of course at this stage he might just be too busy to help out but you never know ;)

Regardless, I would definetely be willing to help out....;)